90 day tourist visa - documentation required

There’s no 90-day tourist visa. Tourist visas are for 60 days and can be extended by 30 days in Thailand at an immigration office.

Generally you need to upload scans of your passport data page, the pages showing stamps from travel in the past year, a passport photo, a selfie of you holding your passport, your flight and hotel bookings, a recent bank statement, and employment and residence documentation. The Thai embassy in Ottawa may have some particular requirements.

I’ve found it’s helpful if you have everything collected in one folder on your computer. Pdf files are now accepted, except for the photos which are obviously jpgs. That means that uploading multiple page documents is now easier.

13 minutes ago, billp said:

The Thai embassy in Ottawa may have some particular requirements.

Have you looked at their website yet? Goodness me what a disaster. OP should really do some legwork and browse the last 3 pages of this forum.

There are a couple of recent-ish posts from Canadiennes who have applied for Tourist Visas. I forget the dates or the titles but I think the posters were CanadianSnowbird, DezLez and dj230.

46 minutes ago, easydoor said:

A 90d 'TOURIST VISA' does not excist. A "tourist" visa is only 60d. 

90d Visa is a NON-O.

Please use the correct terms if you want a correct answer.

A Tourist Visa (S) is 60 days plus 30 days at the Immigration.  Add it up.

10 hours ago, Barryro said:

Amendment to my post, it is directly related to the topic.  I copied from another forum.  Sorry.

I applied for a Tourist Visa (M) I made a few mistakes along the way because it was my first time, it took 37 calendar days from the Thai Embassy in Ottawa, they say 15-20 working days.  But for 90 days, I wouldn't really bother, you get 45-day Visa exemption on arrival, then you go to the Immigration, for 1,900 Bahts you get another 30 days, that gives you 75 days, then you do a border run that will give you another 45 days, that is between 1 October - 31 March.

9 hours ago, easydoor said:

A 90d 'TOURIST VISA' does not excist. A "tourist" visa is only 60d. 

90d Visa is a NON-O.

Please use the correct terms if you want a correct answer.

I disagree, you get a Tourist Visa (S) good for 90 days.  They stamp you 60 days when you arrive and you go to Immigration, you pay 1,900 Bahts, you get another 30 days. 60 + 30=90 days.  I could say the same with my METV, 27 October 2022 - 24 April 2023= 179 days, but I got a 60 day stamp, after, I have to go to Immigration to get another 30 days, ect.  There you have it folks. 

8 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

I disagree, you get a Tourist Visa (S) good for 90 days.  They stamp you 60 days when you arrive and you go to Immigration, you pay 1,900 Bahts, you get another 30 days. 60 + 30=90 days.  I could say the same with my METV, 27 October 2022 - 24 April 2023= 179 days, but I got a 60 day stamp, after, I have to go to Immigration to get another 30 days, ect.  There you have it folks. 

Nope. TR gives you 60 days on entry not 90. It's the initial permission to stay period that is used to describe visas, not the total amount of time you can get after extensions. There you have it ????.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Nope. TR gives you 60 days on entry not 90. It's the initial permission to stay period that is used to describe visas, not the total amount of time you can get after extensions. There you have it ????.

I stand corrected. Did I say that you get 90 days on arrival. NO, I know that you get 60 days on arrival, then for 1900 Bath you get 30 more, but on the Visa itself, it says 90 days.  I know because I've had that type of Visa before.  Maybe you should read my comments again, you might have missed something.  There you have it folks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

No, it does not.

You are trying to tell me that if you apply for a Tourist Visa (S) the Thai Embassy is going to send you a Visa for only 60 days.  Is it what you are trying to tell me?  Next thing you are going to tell me is that a 6 months Tourist Visa (METV) doesn't exist.  Am I correct? 

2 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

You are trying to tell me that if you apply for a Tourist Visa (S) the Thai Embassy is going to send you a Visa for only 60 days.  Is it what you are trying to tell me?

Yes, that's how it works and it's why we call it a 60 day visa. Go take a look at a picture of an SETV on Google, nowhere does it mention 90 days. It doesn't mention 60 days either; that is inferred from the "TR" visa class.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the amount of time the visa is valid to use for entry. Most I have seen states 3 months not 90 days.

You are exactly right, maybe I used the wrong terms, but like you said, on the Visa it says 3 months.  Right now I have a METV, I got stamped for 60 days, after that I have to go to Immigration for 30 days, ect. but with that type of Visa I can do 6 months.  I know that I have to get out of the country and back in, I went to Laos last month and they gave me 60 days.

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yes, that's how it works and it's why we call it a 60 day visa. Go take a look at a picture of an SETV on Google, nowhere does it mention 90 days. It doesn't mention 60 days either; that is inferred from the "TR" visa class.

I used the wrong terms, I realize that it doesn't say 90 days but 3 months, that is the amount of time you can spend in the country with that type of Visa.  Right now, I have a METV, they stamped me 60 days, but I can do 6 months with that type of Visa, I know that I have to get out of the country and back in.  When I was in Pattaya, I used to do the Cambodia border run through a travel agent, 2,400 Baths at the time, probably more now, we left in the morning, came back in the afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Right now I have a METV, I got stamped for 60 days, after that I have to go to Immigration for 30 days, ect. but with that type of Visa I can do 6 months. 

You can get more than 6 months of total stay with a METV by entering the country for one more entry just before the visa expires to get a new 60 day entry and then a 30 day extension of it.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get more than 6 months of total stay with a METV by entering the country for one more entry just before the visa expires to get a new 60 day entry and then a 30 day extension of it.

Thank you very much for the info, I was not aware of it.

13 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I used the wrong terms, I realize that it doesn't say 90 days but 3 months, that is the amount of time you can spend in the country with that type of Visa.  Right now, I have a METV, they stamped me 60 days, but I can do 6 months with that type of Visa, I know that I have to get out of the country and back in.  When I was in Pattaya, I used to do the Cambodia border run through a travel agent, 2,400 Baths at the time, probably more now, we left in the morning, came back in the afternoon.

It's neither 90 days nor 3 months (there's a difference). It's 60 days. Extendable once by 30 days; extensions are at the discretion of the local Immigration Officer although in practice you'd have to be doing something very wrong to get rejected. 

I think you might be confusing the "enter before" period (3 mths) with the initial permission to stay granted by the Single Entry Tourist Visa (60 days).

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

It's neither 90 days nor 3 months (there's a difference). It's 60 days. Extendable once by 30 days; extensions are at the discretion of the local Immigration Officer although in practice you'd have to be doing something very wrong to get rejected. 

I think you might be confusing the "enter before" period (3 mths) with the initial permission to stay granted by the Single Entry Tourist Visa (60 days).

That is what I got from the EXPERT Ubonjoe "That is the amount of time the visa is valid to use for entry. Most I have seen states 3 months not 90 days."

6 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

That is what I got from the EXPERT Ubonjoe "That is the amount of time the visa is valid to use for entry. Most I have seen states 3 months not 90 days."

LOL you still don't get it; you have 3 months from the date the visa is issued to enter the Kingdom. If you don't use it by the "VALID UNTIL" date then it expires and cannot be used. That's what UJ is describing in the text you've quoted.

If you arrive by the VALID UNTIL date you will be stamped in for an initial permission to stay of 60 days and the visa will be marked USED. 

That's how it works. End of. 

28 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

LOL you still don't get it; you have 3 months from the date the visa is issued to enter the Kingdom. If you don't use it by the "VALID UNTIL" date then it expires and cannot be used. That's what UJ is describing in the text you've quoted.

If you arrive by the VALID UNTIL date you will be stamped in for an initial permission to stay of 60 days and the visa will be marked USED. 

That's how it works. End of. 

We are arguing for the same thing.  I know how it works, I don't need a mile long explanation, I have been to Thailand 25 times, with 4 different types of Visas, so I got a pretty good idea.

5 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

We are arguing for the same thing.  I know how it works, I don't need a mile long explanation, I have been to Thailand 25 times, with 4 different types of Visas, so I got a pretty good idea.

So why are you calling a 60 day visa a 90 day visa? Unless you're trolling. Added to the list. Kthxbye.