Charter Flights Bringing More Russian Tourists To Thailand

webfact

On 12/4/2022 at 7:46 PM, Leaver said:

Thailand now lost from the west, and firmly leaning towards China. The American government now recognizes this. 

For 8 years there has been no proper democratically elected government here.

Thailand is a dictatorship, masquerading as a democracy. 

The more and more Thailand comes under China's sphere in influence in the future, the more western investment will withdraw from Thailand. 

Totally agree ,   it will be virtually impossible to get rid of a Military controlled government in Thailand ;they are so entrenched with golden handshakes,pensions etc .  It will be a "fake" democracy "  controlled by a behind the scenes military .    Having said that ,  I'm sure Thailand is very aware of what happened next door !!

On 11/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, Cake Monster said:

With all the sanctions, I wonder who is facilitating the Money made available to the Rusky Tourists  for their Vacation 

The mind doth boggle

All these Russians trying to escape Russia !!   Many will have figured out they can use an agent or other unlawful means to stay here ( ED visa ? study? medical ?  other?)  " I pay lots of money - you get me visa !! "   .  Looks like in todays news the Immigration has woke up to the fact that the use of these illegitimate means of staying in Thailand are being used by many .  

28 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Time to leave !!  Philippines looking attractive AND one gets the index linked pension !!

Just read a post on FB, a guy looking to relocate to Pattaya and telling us how awful the Philippines was.... so which is it?

(Bad food, high crime, dangerous, ugly girls and other reasons cited).

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just read a post on FB, a guy looking to relocate to Pattaya and telling us how awful the Philippines was.... so which is it?

(Bad food, high crime, dangerous, ugly girls and other reasons cited).

much depends on where you are in the Philippines and also if you have Filipino wife / partner and involved in the family /community .    Filipinos are very family orientated and having worked with them for many years I have found the majority sincere, friendly and welcoming .    NEVER raise your voice , even when angry , or you loose face !!!  

8 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Totally agree ,   it will be virtually impossible to get rid of a Military controlled government in Thailand ;they are so entrenched with golden handshakes,pensions etc .  It will be a "fake" democracy "  controlled by a behind the scenes military .    Having said that ,  I'm sure Thailand is very aware of what happened next door !!

I expect the protests to start up again in the near future.  Younger Thai's are more aware of the situation than ever before. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

Ugly woman? Never had a problem with crime  plenty of great restaurants! Perhaps you live in a ghetto?

No, I live in a pool villa outside of Pattaya....little need to scour the internet to find pretty faces. Anyhow, not my comment, one I read. Been some years since I was in crime ridden Philippines.