Best country for border runs.

Whats up guys? As per the new immigration laws, I will need to do a border run in January. My visa agent recommended going to Myanmar, however, some friends argued its easier to go to Lao. I really just want to get a stamp and get back to CM. Any expat expertise? 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Zorg said:

Singapore is still the best option.

If you’re in cm or the north then if you don’t have a car then rent a car (easiest) and drive to chiang khan, park and walk to the border exit and hop on the bus to the Lao side. If you want to do a quick turnaround then be sure to let the Lao IO, then you’ll be on the next bus to chiang khan 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, novacova said:

if you don’t have a car then rent a car (easiest) and drive to chiang khan, 

Yes indeed, the quickest and most convenient but if you do not drive there is a "Green Bus" service from Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station (3) to Chiang Khan but this would mean an overnight stay in either Laos or Chiang Khan.

If opting for a flight, you should check visa (on arrival?) requirements/cost for your nationality.

Also the schedules look like at least one overnight is necessary if flying nonstop from CNX (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, HCMC, Hanoi, Danang...).

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Marcel Schmid said:

There is a company that does visa runs to Chiang Khong. www.Chiangmaivisarun.com

1800 for a shared van and 6000 for private car. I also take people occasionally for 5000 per trip. Leave 6 am and back between 3-5 pm 

-1200 to rent a car, more freedom ????