More than 50,000 Russian tourists have visited Phuket this month, number one tourist market

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – Russian tourists have hit the top of Phuket visitors with more than 50,000 visiting this month, November.

The Phuket Immigration Chief Colonel Thanet Sukchai told the Phuket Express that Russian nationals are leading tourists in Phuket this month with more than 55,097 followed by Indians with 26,525, Australians with 13,868, British with 12,340, and Germans with 11,097.”

The Director of the Tourism of Thailand (TAT) Phuket office, Nanthasiri Ronnasiri told the Phuket Express. “From January to October this year Phuket generated more than 119 billion baht. This number shows Phuket tourism has been increased 80 percent even if we don’t have Chinese tourists.”

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/29/more-than-50000-russian-tourists-have-visited-phuket-this-month-number-one-tourist-market/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Fleeing your own country that has invaded it's nearby neighbour, doesnt constitute the word "Tourist" to me - If Putin really had any short & curly's, he would ban all is fellow countrymen from running away & hiding elsewhere, under the pretence, of just going away on holiday.

I thought there were sanctions or is that just the "P's" mates? Being an old ex soldier I think the young men are quite right getting out of dodge. It would be different if someone was invading Russia then they would be cowards and no more than scum.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Screaming said:

I like to see the Russians in Thailand. They come as a family unit with a husband and wife including small children. The wife often wears a dress with nice dress shoes on. To me this is much better than seeing hordes of men in packs from another unnamed country that are also visiting Thailand.

You're claiming there's few single men among them? Or young couples without children?

Edited by ozimoron

I like to see the Russians in Thailand. They come as a family unit with a husband and wife including small children. The wife often wears a dress with nice dress shoes on. To me this is much better than seeing hordes of men in packs from another unnamed country that are also visiting Thailand.

I totally agree with you and rarely see the men with local  hookers

Name the unnamed country 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Director of the Tourism of Thailand (TAT) Phuket office, Nanthasiri Ronnasiri told the Phuket Express. “From January to October this year Phuket generated more than 119 billion baht. This number shows Phuket tourism has been increased 80 percent even if we don’t have Chinese tourists.”

When the war stops you won't have most of the Russians either.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Name the unnamed country 

No need!

However, this visit I have noticed that there are a few of them spending good money in the bars and restaurants of Patong rather than haggling over the price of a coke in the 7-11 (I've seen it!) and then sharing it.

Just now, London Lowf said:

No need!

However, this visit I have noticed that there are a few of them spending good money in the bars and restaurants of Patong rather than haggling over the price of a coke in the 7-11 (I've seen it!) and then sharing it.

Why wouldn't you name them? I think I know which country you are referring to

9 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

No need!

Just out of interest, how do you know they are spending good money in the bar?

Do you check their bar bin, hear the bell ring or note the dozen girls hanging around for a lady drink?

Maybe they got smashed in their room on 7/11 vodka before venturing out?

When I used to hit the bars, what the other customers were doing was the least of my interests unless they were psycho (then on to another bar.)????????

13 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Just out of interest, how do you know they are spending good money in the bar?

Do you check their bar bin, hear the bell ring or note the dozen girls hanging around for a lady drink?

Maybe they got smashed in their room on 7/11 vodka before venturing out?

When I used to hit the bars, what the other customers were doing was the least of my interests unless they were psycho (then on to another bar.)????????

I was going to make the effort to compose a considered reply but............

• Like 1