Money requirements for a 3-month Non Imm O marriage visa from the Thai Consulate in Ho Chi Minh

Hey Guys, I have a few questions regarding applying for a 3-month Non Imm O marriage Visa at the Thai Consulate in Ho Chi Minh.

1. Do I have to show 400,000B in the bank? 
2 Does the money have to be in the account for 2 months? or no need to have it in the account 2 months just as long as it's in my account the day I apply?

3. Is Ho Chi Minh the best choice outside of Thailand to get the visa?
4. Do my wife and child have to accompany me to the Thai Consulate? 

Thanks for any info!!

1. and 2. No You will need to show 20k baht in a bank.

See: https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

3. It is a good choice. But it depends upon whether you want a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa.

The consulate in Savannakhet Laos will issue a multiple entry visa. Vientiane a single entry non-o visa.

Penang Malaysia would do them before as well but I have seen no recent reports about them since covid 19 started.

4. No

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. and 2. No You will need to show 20k baht in a bank.

See: https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

3. It is a good choice. But it depends upon whether you want a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa.

The consulate in Savannakhet Laos will issue a multiple entry visa. Vientiane a single entry non-o visa.

Penang Malaysia would do them before as well but I have seen no recent reports about them since covid 19 started.

4. No

Thanks a lot!
A curious question!
Is there a limit on how many times you can apply for a 3 month Non Imm O marriage visa? Can I leave the country every 3 months and apply or will they force me to apply for a 1 year extension after a certain amount of times applying outside the country?

9 minutes ago, rhino533 said:

Is there a limit on how many times you can apply for a 3 month Non Imm O marriage visa? Can I leave the country every 3 months and apply or will they force me to apply for a 1 year extension after a certain amount of times applying outside the country?

The embassy or consulate where you apply for the non-o might question you as to why you are getting back to back single entry non-o visas. Best to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife of each 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy or consulate where you apply for the non-o might question you as to why you are getting back to back single entry non-o visas. Best to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife of each 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

Ok, so when applying for a multiple entry visa, How much do you have to show in the bank? 400,000 for 2 months or just the 20,000?

• Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Certified copy of house registration book

Is there a limit on how many times you can apply for a 3 month Non Imm O marriage visa?

Cambodia would only do it twice for me in one year. 

Edited by aqua4
add more info

3 minutes ago, aqua4 said:
  • Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Certified copy of house registration book

Are you asking a question?

The letter can be in Thai or English.

Certified means signed by your wife for both the above.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 20k baht for a single or multiple entry non-o visa.

So, the multiple entry would allow me to stay in the country for 3 months max then I have to cross the border and come back? or just report to Imm for the 90day reporting every 3 months just like when you get the 1 year extension?

Thanks so much for all the info. It really helps!!!

4 minutes ago, rhino533 said:

So, the multiple entry would allow me to stay in the country for 3 months max then I have to cross the border and come back? or just report to Imm for the 90day reporting every 3 months just like when you get the 1 year extension?

The multiple entry non-o visa requires you to leave the country every 90 days.

But as I wrote you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife for each 90 day stay from it.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But as I wrote you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife for each 90 day stay from it.

Does Ho Chi Minh offer the multi entry non Imm O marriage visa?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rhino533 said:

Does Ho Chi Minh offer the multi entry non Imm O marriage visa?

Yes

They mention the $200 fee for a multiple entry non-o visa on the page I posted a link for earlier.

You will need to make a appointment to do the application. Link:https://booking.setmore.com/scheduleappointment/f8af2588-daa5-4e23-9bea-6b35c5e06758

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhino533 said:

Thanks a lot!
A curious question!

You shouldn't pay too much attention to  those who have never been. I went just before the pandemic started and got a multi entry Non O based on marriage and I did not have to provide any financial information whatsoever.

I have seen a post recently from someone who has just been and fairly sure they were asked to show the equivalent of 400K baht, again for an ME. If I remember right there was no seasoning and the funds could be anywhere. You ought to try and find that post.

The fee for a Multi entry is $200 and you must pay in USD.

The consulate at HCMC is quite small and only a few are allowed in at a time. My wife was with me but had to remain outside. Best to have an umbrella as there is no shade or shelter.

It would be adviseable to download the application and have everything ready before going in. I was the last in my group to go in and went straight to the window, everyone else was filling in forms. If I had needed a desk I would have had to wait.

I haven't been to the others but in HCMC it is conveniently located and I found the service very good.

I spent my first 6 years in Thailand on ME visas, not a problem. Only downside is I filled up my passport in under 3 years.

• Like 2

About 2 weeks ago they required me to provide 6 months of bank statements for my non O visa at ho Chi Minh. Not sure what they were looking for but mine showed monthly transfers over 40k baht into my Thai bank account for each month. You need an appointment which is usually about 3 weeks from now last I checked. Savannakhet Laos doesn't require any financials. Cost is I believe 5000 baht for multiple entry at Savannakhet while it's 200 us dollars in ho chi Minh. Pristine or good quality bills with no writing or creases. 

Edited by PattayaKevin
  • Like 2

Can anyone see whether the requirements for the visa the OP wants are the same in Penang?

https://penang.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/114679-visa-application-form?page=5d75e28715e39c242c00625c&menu=5d75e28715e39c242c006211

I've tried this link below (but in "requirements" [sections 11 and 12] everything is in Thai language.

https://penang.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/114490-visa-requirements-ii

30 minutes ago, blazes said:

Can anyone see whether the requirements for the visa the OP wants are the same in Penang?

https://penang.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/114679-visa-application-form?page=5d75e28715e39c242c00625c&menu=5d75e28715e39c242c006211

I've tried this link below (but in "requirements" [sections 11 and 12] everything is in Thai language.

If you click any of visa requirements it takes you to the homepage of the Penang site.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you click any of visa requirements it takes you to the homepage of the Penang site.

Thanks, Joe.

Yes, as I noted, if you click on sections 11 and 12 of the above link, it takes you to a page that (as far as I can see) has no English availability.

16 minutes ago, blazes said:

Thanks, Joe.

Yes, as I noted, if you click on sections 11 and 12 of the above link, it takes you to a page that (as far as I can see) has no English availability.

You quoted your own post.

Clicking any of them takes you to this page https://penang.thaiembassy.org/ that is home page.

The site is broken.

4 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

About 2 weeks ago they required me to provide 6 months of bank statements for my non O visa at ho Chi Minh. Not sure what they were looking for but mine showed monthly transfers over 40k baht into my Thai bank account for each month. You need an appointment which is usually about 3 weeks from now last I checked. Savannakhet Laos doesn't require any financials. Cost is I believe 5000 baht for multiple entry at Savannakhet while it's 200 us dollars in ho chi Minh. Pristine or good quality bills with no writing or creases. 

Maybe Savannakhet might be easier. Have you applied there before? 

On 11/30/2022 at 4:33 AM, rhino533 said:

No, but you will probably need a letter of invitation from your wife - you certainly do with a multi entry, I can't see a single entry being any different.

All it has to say is something like 'Please grant a visa to my husband Mr John Smith to allow him to lawfully visit me at our home in Thailand.'

On 11/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

But as I wrote you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife for each 90 day stay from it

Sorry to hijack the thread, but could I just double check that with you Joe.  I've currently got a multi entry non O based upon marriage.  I'm planning to leave the country in another couple of weeks to get another 90 day stamp, based upon what you've said though I could actually just extend this (and all future) 90 day entries by a further 60 days, in effect giving me 150 days per entry.  Is this correct ?  For some reason I thought you could only do this once in the life of the visa and not for each 90 day entry. 

3 minutes ago, Melpomene said:

Is this correct ?  For some reason I thought you could only do this once in the life of the visa and not for each 90 day entry. 

Yes it is correct.

The rules state one 60 day extension per entry to the country.

It is not related to what type of visa you have or when it expires. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is correct.

The rules state one 60 day extension per entry to the country.

It is not related to what type of visa you have or when it expires. 

Ah awesome - many thanks Joe, you've just saved me a return plane ticket!  I shall pop to immigration this week...