Constant Diarrhea and stomach pain

ThaiPauly

I have had the runs for six weeks.

Also have bad stomach ache frequently.

Went to see the gastro doc at BK Hospital here in CM .

Initially she put me on 2 lots of antibiotics for 3 weeks  Cevit being the main one.

The tablets did not cure the problem so she gave me a CT Scan and said the results were "unclear" and I needed a "special" endoscopy that was only available  at Shriphat Hospital. This endoscope can apparently see what other endoscopy in CM cannot  and costs 30k.

So I had it done Monday, doc said in a very brief conversation that he could find nothing wrong, but had taken a biopsy just to check.

But I still have acute dioreah and stomach pain.

He said I did not need a colonoscopy  as I only had one 20 months ago.

So what now?

I am pretty much housebound, I have to sit down to pee as I "go" when I pee.

Anybody with similar experience  or ideas of what to do next?

I am due to see the doctor at Shriphat again Monday week  but I can't wait that long  and he is not my usual gastro doctor.

What are you eating?

Has anyone analysed a stool sample?

It sounds to me like you may have acquired a parasitic infection, such as giardia or cryptospiridia. Such infections AFAIK are not treatable with conventional antibiotics, in fact they may make the diarrhea worse.

I would suggest asking Sheryl.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

whats ya diet now ?? and safe water ,,,any electrolyte ??

Diet is eggs, white bread, mashed potato, bananas.

My wife filters the water  but I prefer to drink bottled water.

Yes taking electrolyte once a day as I feel quite week, I can't even walk round my moo Baan right now  before I got sick I could do it four times

5 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Diet is eggs, white bread, mashed potato, bananas.

My wife filters the water  but I prefer to drink bottled water.

Yes taking electrolyte once a day as I feel quite week, I can't even walk round my moo Baan right now  before I got sick I could do it four times

Apart from the eggs, a high carb diet. Not good for Type 2 diabetes.

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What are you eating?

Has anyone analysed a stool sample?

It sounds to me like you may have acquired a parasitic infection, such as giardia or cryptospiridia. Such infections AFAIK are not treatable with conventional antibiotics, in fact they may make the diarrhea worse.

I would suggest asking Sheryl.

Yes a stool sample was the first thing they asked for  but initially I went about the stomach pain  and the stool analysis was OK then, but I have not given one since the dioreah  commenced.

Think I will have to have one in my next visit to the hospital.

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

Apart from what you eat , has the time you eat changed and if you skip a meal does it effect you ?

I try and eat 3 times daily, but small portions.

I was on a  keto diet with time restricted eating (18/6) 2 months before all this started.

Don't know if that could have anything to do with it?

I've had stomach issues in recent years. What has helped is eliminating various foods from my diet. A low-FODMAP diet may help you: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/fodmap-diet-what-you-need-to-know

I went with a very basic diet to begin with, before reintroducing old favourites. Some of those favourites proved too much for my stomach so they are now on the 'avoid list'. In my case, giving up carbs completely and going on a ketogenic diet has me in a much-improved state

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Yes a stool sample was the first thing they asked for  but initially I went about the stomach pain  and the stool analysis was OK then, but I have not given one since the dioreah  commenced.

Then that needs to be done first.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stop milk products.

Eat totally different for a week to find out if the food is the reason.

It could be a parasite but also any allergie.

Several different doctors should be seen.

Allergic tests, other opinions.

It can be fixed but you need to invest in your health to find it out.

So: Go to new doctors until diagnosed!

No youngster doctors. Look for an old one with experience.

Try Ganaton pills and go also to a Chinese medicine shop. But dont use medics at the same time.

Food poisoning not cured?

7/11 has some drinking medicine for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Think I will have to have one in my next visit to the hospital.

The reason I raised the possibility of a parasite was my former boss acquired giardia on a trip to the USA, and his symptoms were identical to yours.

It's also worth noting it took doctors in Australia about 3 months to diagnose his illness correctly, with one highly qualified physician claiming it was psychosomatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The reason I raised the possibility of a parasite was my former boss acquired giardia on a trip to the USA, and his symptoms were identical to yours.

It's also worth noting it took doctors in Australia about 3 months to diagnose his illness correctly, with one highly qualified physician claiming it was psychosomatic.

Thanks,

I contacted my local pharmacy and they do not have any

Do you happen to know the name?

I will try my doctor  next

2 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Thanks,

I contacted my local pharmacy and they do not have any

Do you happen to know the name?

I will try my doctor  next

If you are seeking medications to combat a parasite, I would strongly urge you to get a positive result from testing first. Using a drug for a non-existent condition might actually make things worse.

• Like 1

Why not try some probiotics or probiotic-rich foods. Sauerkraut, natural yogurt, kimchi, more veggies .. 

Also I found that quality vitamin D supplements were useful. 

I would also decrease the carbs and add some more fats instead. 

I have had multiple bouts of loose stool during the last few years. Doctors found no reasons (as usual). Had to cure myself which I managed to do. 

Health services are becoming more and more useless. They are like robots working from a script not trying to go out of their way to find causes.

UC flaring up again, although I do see you are still on medication for it?

Had UC for some 15 years but in remission for some years and my diet is terrible, according to the mainstream. No fruit, vegetables never drink water directly.

Is it possible your UC meds may need changing?

Edited by Thailand

3 hours ago, moogradod said:

Hence your username ????. On a (more) serious note: Anything green just does not taste good to me. Unfortunately.

Same here apart from garden peas. I could never eat sprouts, cabbage, lettuce etc.