Cambodia Border run - 2 methods - Each gets a Visa sticker?

I will be doing a border run to Cambodian for a 45 day Visa exempt.

Getting the Cambodian Visa before arriving at the border has two methods, either e-Visa online or visit in (Bangkok) Cambodian Embassy and make in person application.

I have never used the e-Visa online before, but previously have applied direct with Embassy (8 years ago) and ended up with a full page visa sticker.

Do you still get full page Visa stickers when applying directly at Embassy and do you get the same full page covered with the e-Visa online once you show the email approval at the border?

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a visa on arrival at a border crossing. No need to go to the embassy.

The e visa can only be used at certain border crossings. See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Thanks Joe - Border is Poipet - However I specifically want to get the Visa prior to arriving and would prefer to have Visa in passport rather than have opportunity for tea money conversations between paperwork exchanges at border immigration. Visa in passport from in person Embassy application would be least paper exchange at immigration however I am not clear if this still gets a full page taken by a sticker.  I am also not clear if the lesser paperwork exchange using the e-Visa online gets a small stamp with less page used or this also gets a full page sticker.

Hence: Do you still get full page Visa stickers when applying directly at Embassy and do you get the same full page covered with the e-Visa online once you show the email approval at the border?

19 minutes ago, spambot said:

Hence: Do you still get full page Visa stickers when applying directly at Embassy and do you get the same full page covered with the e-Visa online once you show the email approval at the border?

I am sure the embassy will still do the big visa sticker.

The e visa is only a email with no sticker. As far as I know you just show it and they stamp into Cambodia with a annotation that it was e visa.

• Thanks 1

A visa from the Cambodian embassy is exactly as in the past. You do not get a full page sticker if you get a Cambodian e-visa  Be careful using Poipet/Aranyaprathet for a border bounce for a visa exempt entry. Thai immigration at this crossing has a bad reputation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

A visa from the Cambodian embassy is exactly as in the past. You do not get a full page sticker if you get a Cambodian e-visa  Be careful using Poipet/Aranyaprathet for a border bounce for a visa exempt entry. Thai immigration at this crossing has a bad reputation.

Great response BritTim - Thanks

Edited by spambot

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure the embassy will still do the big visa sticker.

The e visa is only a email with no sticker. As far as I know you just show it and they stamp into Cambodia with a annotation that it was e visa.

Great response ubonjoe - Thanks