Can foreign tourists get covid vaccinations in Bangkok

placeholder

There should be no problems whatsoever at a private hospitals that have stock and are not fully booked etc.

It would of course be best to contact the hospitals directly - i.e. MedPark and Bangkok Hospital have been the most reliable for vaccination of foreigners, but they also have a reputation for being the best places to get the vaccine privately and thus there may be a waiting list etc... 

Thus: Give the usual suspects a try as well... Bumrungrad, Samitivej etc..

As always, this forum is a good start, someone may have recent experience.

Also note: Thailand does not yet have the latest & greatest vaccines which, if I’m not mistaken operate over broader spectrum / cover more variants. 

Final point: Influenza vaccine - I’m going to get this, this year - I havent had flu for years, and given the recent ‘lock-downs’ I doubt much of our society has had ample chance for evolve alongside the antigenic drive of influenza - Hence, this its well worth considering the influenza vaccine...  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There should be no problems whatsoever at a private hospitals that have stock and are not fully booked etc.

It would of course be best to contact the hospitals directly - i.e. MedPark and Bangkok Hospital have been the most reliable for vaccination of foreigners, but they also have a reputation for being the best places to get the vaccine privately and thus there may be a waiting list etc... 

Thus: Give the usual suspects a try as well... Bumrungrad, Samitivej etc..

As always, this forum is a good start, someone may have recent experience.

Also note: Thailand does not yet have the latest & greatest vaccines which, if I’m not mistaken operate over broader spectrum / cover more variants. 

Final point: Influenza vaccine - I’m going to get this, this year - I havent had flu for years, and given the recent ‘lock-downs’ I doubt much of our society has had ample chance for evolve alongside the antigenic drive of influenza - Hence, this its well worth considering the influenza vaccine...  

In Chiangmai I did contact Bangkok hospital about a month or so ago and they said they are offering vaccinations. Maybe they have a different policy for Bangkok. Anyway, thanks for the information. I will follow up.

These are the dates for vaccination at the Bangkok Youth Center (Thai-Japanese) on weekends during December. Walk-ins allowed. Any nationality can go for free.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1598146287282839553

Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bangkok+Youth+Center+(Thai+-+Japanese)/@13.767569,100.5523839,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x30e29e97e73910b7:0xe3108423ee242ed6!8m2!3d13.767569!4d100.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I’m sure any private hospital that has the vaccine would give it for payment.  The private hospitals deal with many international patients 

The private hospitals don't have vaccines anymore. 

As of last week, Bumrungrad, Bangkok Hospital, Samitivej, Medpark, St Louis and Sukhumvit Hospital all deny having vaccines. 

Kasemrad Prachacheun offers Pfizer only for those who earlier paid for Moderna and still didn't get it.

Vejthani denies having vaccines,  but you can get free Pfizer once a week if you make it on their list.

The answers as to yes have been posted well already.

To the issue of vaccine brand preference if you contact the big private hospitals in BKK you'll be able to select the ones you want. Ring around and book appointments for their shots at the hospital which serves up the vaccine they're wanting before your friends arrive to save waiting longer (or at all?).

12 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

To the issue of vaccine brand preference if you contact the big private hospitals in BKK you'll be able to select the ones you want. Ring around and book appointments for their shots at the hospital which serves up the vaccine they're wanting before your friends arrive to save waiting longer (or at all?).

You didn't care to read my post, did you? 

12 hours ago, NicoBKK said:

Walk in at Med Park hospital located on MRT metro station with passport and get Moderna booster for a fee (I did pay 700 THB last month)

Yes, that was last month. 

Internationalism reported that they don't have Moderna  anymore,  they offered him Pfizer. 

On the phone,  they deny having any vaccine (last week). Whether they have vaccine if you just walk in I don't know. 

16 hours ago, NicoBKK said:

Walk in at Med Park hospital located on MRT metro station with passport and get Moderna booster for a fee (I did pay 700 THB last month)

I did contact Med Park. Filled out the form. They replied that they are no longer offering covid vaccinations.

Edited by placeholder

On 12/2/2022 at 12:11 AM, Lorry said:

The private hospitals don't have vaccines anymore. 

As of last week, Bumrungrad, Bangkok Hospital, Samitivej, Medpark, St Louis and Sukhumvit Hospital all deny having vaccines. 

Kasemrad Prachacheun offers Pfizer only for those who earlier paid for Moderna and still didn't get it.

Vejthani denies having vaccines,  but you can get free Pfizer once a week if you make it on their list.

23 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

you don't seem to have read 'lorry's post, which i have  reposted to help

My wife has found some government hospitals that will inoculate tourists with the Pfizer vaccine. However, she was told that the tourists will have to present some kind of pink document that is given to them on arrival. I don't recall ever being given a pink document. But then I don't arrive on a tourist visa any more. Is anyone familiar with such a thing? Is it related to Covid vaccinations?

On 12/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, placeholder said:

My wife has found some government hospitals that will inoculate tourists with the Pfizer vaccine. However, she was told that the tourists will have to present some kind of pink document that is given to them on arrival. I don't recall ever being given a pink document. But then I don't arrive on a tourist visa any more. Is anyone familiar with such a thing? Is it related to Covid vaccinations?

I think I have heard of it as part of the covid bureaucracy. 

It doesn't exist anymore