Thailand to Export Fruits by Lao-Chinese Railway on Dec 3

webfact

image.jpeg

NONTHABURI, Dec 1 (TNA) – The new Mohan railway checkpoint in China will start operations on Dec 3 and Thailand can thus export fruits by the Lao-Chinese railway to southern China then, according to the Commerce Ministry.

The Laos-China Railway began its services on Dec 3, 2021, but Thailand cannot export fruits by the railway pending the completion of the Mohan railway checkpoint responsible for approving fruit imports.

At the latest development, the railway checkpoint in Yunnan has been completely constructed and its opening was set for Dec 3. Yunnan is a Chinese province with high potential for the export of Thai products and services because it is the closest to Thailand.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1068090

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand can thus export fruits by the Lao-Chinese railway

Interesting, but not throughout by rail. Will the Thai fruit have to be conveyed by lorry to Laos, or be containerised and transported on Thailand's narrow gauge system to Nong Khai for transfer to the Chinese standard gauge system?? 

Since the Lao -Chines railway has been built, a lot of fruit and veg is now coming in to Thailand,

Our local market now has sweet peppers ,and I have brought some radishes,my daily apple comes from China.

So if stuff can come from China ,in to Thailand, the reverse can be done.

The Lao government will be pushing for it ,they can bearly afford to pay for the railway ,China has put them well in debt ,all part of their Belt and Road Initiative 

• Like 1

I just got back from a month in Laos. I have never in my life seen so many fake brands at un real prices in my life. I thought Thailand was bad years ago.  Laos has cornered the market.  China has flooded the market in Laos. It is unreal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I just got back from a month in Laos. I have never in my life seen so many fake brands at un real prices in my life. I thought Thailand was bad years ago.  Laos has cornered the market.  China has flooded the market in Laos. It is unreal.

Laos is now owned by China... 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:12 AM, CelticBhoy said:

"Thailand to Export Fruits by Lao-Chinese Railway on Dec 3"

Glad to hear it. There are a good few "fruits" in our village that should be put on the first train out!

I hear only certified plantations and packaging factory are allowed to export to China and there are GMP requirements by Thai government from Thai side

On 12/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, Burma Bill said:

Interesting, but not throughout by rail. Will the Thai fruit have to be conveyed by lorry to Laos, or be containerised and transported on Thailand's narrow gauge system to Nong Khai for transfer to the Chinese standard gauge system?? 

They can do both.

There are several ways.

Railway are used mainly to ship to the inland city such as Kunming and Chengdu.

Costal city can be reached by both ship and lorries via laos and vietnam 

• Thanks 1