Before I complain....

33 minutes ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Serious question, from your own personal experience ,

How do you KNOW for a fact the Earth is round? Have you it with YOUR own eyes as a round ball? First hand experience

He shouldn't be giving a controversial view on anything that isn't his speciality.

However,yto answer your question. Years ago I was in the Royal Navy. Watching ships at sea disappear over the horizon is one of my experiences. This link explains in simple terms more than just satellites 

https://crosstalk.cell.com/blog/seven-ways-to-prove-earth-is-round

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I'm going to check with Cha-Cha.

He reckons Thailand is the centre of the universe.

His grasp of all things astral is amazing.

????????

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Talking to a Thai English teacher friend of mine, I was suddenly surprised when she said she didn't know about time zones?

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

doesn't surprise me. most teachers here haven't got a clue.

surely a farang teacher.

thais everyone know the world is round. Not stupid like that.

farangs have many crazy things, so many die covid because anti maskers, anti vaxxers, 5G, Bill Gates micro chip. 

many stupid conspiracy theorys. Every week have new crazy one. make me laugh

thai students will know he the idiot. nobody gonna believe this farang.

Call the crazy hospital. link below

https://www.suansaranrom.go.th/

• Haha 2

Just explain to your children that not all teachers are intelligent and that they should only believe scientific facts that have been peer reviewed and documented in scientific journals.

All and every scientific fact that is ever established are written up in white papers and are then peer-reviewed and published in scientific journals long before they ever get published in educational texts. I doubt that a "flat earth" white paper has ever been peer reviewed and published in a recognized scientific journal.

It is never to early to get children to self educate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Serious question, from your own personal experience ,

How do you KNOW for a fact the Earth is round? Have you it with YOUR own eyes as a round ball? First hand experience

I'm 99% sure NASA lied about the Moon missions and broadcasted fake footage so why couldn't they lie about other space missions?

I'm not saying - he should teach the Earth Is flat, but you shouldn't also be so stead fast in your convictions to say the Earth is round

Don't tell me that (according to your forum name), you are actually a teacher?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I've watched a flat earth video once and I was impressed at how detailed their case was. Some of these people may be autistic but they're higher I.Q than average. It also shows good character that they're willing to take such a wildly contrarian position and defend it.

If this was a security guard maybe I would question them but this is a math teacher so they obviously have a good mind to begin with.

No questions I'd rather have a high I.Q autistic math teacher than a boring do it by the books type.

So how come there's no signs anywhere / any country saying:

'STOP, if you keep walking you'll fall off the end of the world!

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, FritsSikkink said:

"Is he using a mathematical theory"

There is none, he is an idiot who shouldn't be teaching.

I actually have a school mate who has been in space and saw he is full off sht.

Perhaps topology? Something like, "In topology, there is no difference between the shape of the Earth and the shape of a plate." 

10 hours ago, tandor said:

have you considered the distinct possibility this Math teacher is challenging the theory and asking the class to disprove the Earth is flat by calculating an equation?

Eratosthenes? Who mathematically calculated the circumference of the Earth? Like 2000+ years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:21 AM, Rory Pedley said:

Billions of people worldwide have swallowed the "Evolution Theory" hook, line and sinker. They are just seeing how far they can push it.

Evolution is a fact. But there are theories of how evolution takes place. 

• Thanks 1