What is the best choice for multi Non-O Marriage visa?

Hi everyone,

I usually do a single Non-O visa back in my country because 90+60 days is enough for me. Right now Im planning on staying little bit longer so Im looking for options where to go to apply for a multi Non-O visa

I wanted to make a another non-o visa back in Czech Republic but they were switching to new evisa site and told me to apply online. I didnt have enough time to do it so I entered on visa expemption this time. My plan was to go to Ho Chi Minh City but I checked the appointments and the first available is in mid January which is too late for me because I go on holiday in the beginning of January. So I want to do the multi Non-O visa now.

I used to do my Non-O visas in HCMC but since that is not option I look for another now.

My questions are:

Can I apply for evisa while Im in Thailand ? On Czech Thai embassy website they say I have to be in Czech Republic but its little but confusing for me because I read here that some people are applying while being in different countries other then their nationality. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Has anyone tried Hanoi recently for the multi Non-O visa ? I can see some available slots for applying. 

No recent report from Penang but I saw some reviews on the Google Maps and they dont look friendly as they used to.

Looks like the easiest choice right now is Savannakhet. But its a 13 hour drive for me and there is nothing to do there. So that would be a last option if there is nothing better.

I can provide 400 000 THB in account but I would have to transfer my funds to Thailand for that. My embassy will not provide me with a letter of confirmation.

So Im looking for "easier options" now.

Thanks for the replies and take care.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, megapix said:

But its a 13 hour drive for me and there is nothing to do there.

What many people do is break the journey somewhere. Khon Kaen for example , which has a bit of nightlife. Make a mini holiday of it and check out other cities in Thailand. Unless you have work to rush back to no point in exhausting yourself.

There is a good night market in Suv where you can drink cheap wine , have a meal and people watch . It's only for a night .

Edited by Denim
  • Like 2

There is no good reason to drive yourself with public transport being so cheap in Thailand. One option: fly to Ubon, have some fun there. Then, early one morning, take a van to Mukdahan and cross to Savannakhet in time to apply for the visa. Stay one night in Savannakhet. Next afternoon, collect passport and maybe take the Fly-Ride service on Air Asia back to Bangkok. If you want to minimise the time away from home, and are close to Bangkok, take the overnight VIP bus to Mukdahan, cross to Savannakhet for the visa, one night in Savannakhet, next day collect passport, and return to Bangkok via the Fly-Ride service. Many other good options.

Officially, as you have read, using the e-visa service while not in home country is against the rules. Some have nevertheless done it successfully. I would personally not risk it, but up to you.

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Officially, as you have read, using the e-visa service while not in home country is against the rules. Some have nevertheless done it successfully. I would personally not risk it, but up to you.

Correct. The OP may have read that these e-visas can be obtained in a country of which you are not a citizen. This is so only if you can prove you are legally resident there. In my case being legally resident in France as a British citizen I obtained an e-visa from the Thai Paris Embassy. I had to upload images of my French residency card as well as my British passport. I guess you could do that whilst not present in that country either but they do reserve the right to call you for an in person interview. Who knows, they might check the IP address from which the application is made?

Ok thanks for the tips.

I have decided to follow a plan that @BritTim has mentioned. 1 night in Ubon and 1 night in Savannakhet. Seems decent.

Just one question more, do I need a Kor Ror 2 from my wife if I got married in my country ? I have prepared original and copy (translated and certified) of marriage certificate but I have never been asked for Kor Ror 2 ever in any embassy.

I read a report from few months ago that someone applied with Kor Ror 2. On the embassy requirements its not mentioned as well.

Thanks for the replies