Google Maps "Fog"

Mickeymaus

I'm using Android 11 and here the latest version of Google Maps. What kind of drives me insane is this "fog" if you switch to satellite display type - see picture. I googled a lot but couldn't find any explanation or solution to get rid of it. How can I see this lovely family resort in all its beauty? Any ideas?

16701404552880.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I have thought the "Mafia Vape Shop" nearby (see my picture) ????. By the way. Is it not forbidden to sell such stuff here? Okay - the name clearly says that it belongs to the Mafia. 

But why don't I get such a great map that you have in Google Maps? 

SmartSelect_20221204-155210_Gallery.jpg

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It's a bit of thin cloud or haze. You'll just have to wait until the next satellite image. Unfortunately it's not a perfect world. 

It is very long time like this already. And @KuhnLA showed that there is a perfect satellite image. The best that I ever saw. In the left corner at the bottom it says Apple Maps. Apple better than Google? Wow. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

It is very long time like this already. And @KuhnLA showed that there is a perfect satellite image. The best that I ever saw. In the left corner at the bottom it says Apple Maps. Apple better than Google? Wow. 

Google maps says the image was taken this year, 2022. They do update regularly so be patient. Maybe the next one will be taken on a clear day as obviously the Apple Maps version was.

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Google maps says the image was taken this year, 2022. They do update regularly so be patient. Maybe the next one will be taken on a clear day as obviously the Apple Maps version was.

It is very long like this already and the Apple image is stunning. And you cannot hope for good weather if you search something on a map. If I remember correctly it wasn't like this long ago. At the Apple map you can almost see the "entertainers" on the Beach Road ????. I have never seen anything like this.

At the link from @KuhnLA you can switch between Apple and Google and other maps. Apple is much better. I never had an Apple device but this time they really impressed me. Will visit "old" places with the Apple map. Looking around in Pattaya was fun already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

In the left corner at the bottom it says Apple Maps. Apple better than Google? Wow. 

Absolutely Apple.

Site refers to "apple-mapkit.com" and "apple.com".

And indeed much better than the satellite views on Google. Also for our village.

On the other hand: quality of images depends on the area.

Google seems to pay more for popular areas and have stunning images there. For San Francisco you might recognize the model of parked cars (at least pickup vs. limo etc.). Is it really satellite?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Absolutely Apple.

And indeed much better than the satellite views on Google. Also for our village.

Google seems to pay more for popular areas and have stunning images there. For San Francisco you might recognize the model of parked cars (at least pickup vs. limo etc.). Is it really satellite?

Do you really want to say that San Francisco is more important than the lovely family resort Pattaya known worldwide for its natural beauties? I will check this tomorrow ????

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Absolutely Apple.

You're right about San Francisco. Google is better there than Apple. I added an image.

You should not have used San Francisco as an example ????????????About 30 years ago I lived in this area for a while - Foster City. I just visited my old home on Google Maps. Still the same. It was a great time there and it makes me feel a little bit sad that I don't live there anymore. On the other hand I was always worried about earthquakes. There were tiny ones all the time. Could then, for example, hear the dishes in the closet or things hanging on the wall. But now a good satellite image of Pattaya would be more helpful for me ????. Will go to the Terminal 21 mall today and visit the San Francisco area there ????

16702011864231.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I'm using Android 11 and hear the latest version of Google Maps. What kind of drives me insane is this "fog" if you switch to satellite display type - see picture. I googled a lot but couldn't find any explanation or solution to get rid of it. How can I see this lovely family resort in all its beauty? Any ideas?

Use Apple Maps Google has blurred its maps on all devices 

89EEEB1D-1496-4C8A-A93F-C67B289E6468.thumb.png.919af722e37f7ddd45d6b3febf84aa31.png

666E0637-5D4C-4FB9-9120-2EB28D25401F.thumb.png.639b70d4d921f1b75779aa8757fe63e3.png

Edited by sometimewoodworker

32 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Use Apple Maps Google has blurred its maps on all devices 

89EEEB1D-1496-4C8A-A93F-C67B289E6468.thumb.png.919af722e37f7ddd45d6b3febf84aa31.png

666E0637-5D4C-4FB9-9120-2EB28D25401F.thumb.png.639b70d4d921f1b75779aa8757fe63e3.png

I don't understand the problem that Google has with Pattaya. Perhaps a kind of censorship because of the special nightlife ????. I checked now other locations for instance in Europe. The Apple images seem to be newer but the quality is sometimes very bad. Look at these two images - first is Apple and the second is Google. 

16702232455092.jpg

16702232225471.jpg