December 4, 20223 yr Does anyone know how long the diesel prices will stay at the current rate? I understand that money was lost as they kept the price lower than market value, but how long are we looking at now before we get market rates again? I can't find anything in English anywhere. Edited December 4, 20223 yr by alien365
December 4, 20223 yr Author 2 hours ago, MJCM said: Excellent, thank you. I'll be interested to see what we'll be paying after that. I bought a diesel last month and using b7 at the moment as its the same price as b10/20. I really do wonder who would be buying b20 at the moment when it's the same price as b7.
December 5, 20223 yr 10 hours ago, alien365 said: Excellent, thank you. I'll be interested to see what we'll be paying after that. I bought a diesel last month and using b7 at the moment as its the same price as b10/20. I really do wonder who would be buying b20 at the moment when it's the same price as b7. B20 was only worth buying when it was cheaper and your Diesel vehicle was able to use it.
December 5, 20223 yr Popular Post 12 hours ago, alien365 said: Excellent, thank you. I'll be interested to see what we'll be paying after that. I bought a diesel last month and using b7 at the moment as its the same price as b10/20. I really do wonder who would be buying b20 at the moment when it's the same price as b7. Rumour has it that when the " Cap " is taken OFF the current price,Diesel will be 5 Baht a Litre MORE Than it currently is,So about 41 Baht a Litre !! That's Gonna HURT A Lot of Poor people ie; Farmers !! Edited December 5, 20223 yr by Nong Khai Man
December 5, 20223 yr 3 hours ago, Kwasaki said: I bought a diesel last month and using b7 at the moment as its the same price as b10/20. And it might well be that all pumps deliver B7 which is suited for all Diesel engines here. You might remember the "oil crisis" triggered by Indonesia cutting all palm oil exports. As far as I know this is the reason why they don't want high palm oil contents. Edited December 5, 20223 yr by KhunBENQ
December 5, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said: That's Gonna HURT A Lot of Poor people ie; Farmers !! My guess: they will hurt the gasoline/gasohol customers with even higher contributions to the oil fund. So if you drive a car/limousine you pay for the stinking smoke belcher in front of you. I would accept that farmers/businesses who depend on pickups and trucks are supported. But it's hard to swallow that all the promenade posers who clog the park decks of Central etc. with their bulky pickups are subsidized. The buying tax advantage for "pickups" (2.5 door/king cabs included) is an absurd mislead policy. Edited December 5, 20223 yr by KhunBENQ
December 5, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said: I would accept that farmers/businesses who depend on pickups and trucks are supported. The buying tax advantage for "pickups" (2.5 door/king cabs included) is an absurd mislead policy. Many farmers and tradesmen, if not the most, drive around in king cabs. The Double cabs are also popular, especially with tradesmen. Edited December 5, 20223 yr by unheard
December 5, 20223 yr Author 4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said: Rumour has it that when the " Cap " is taken OFF the current price,Diesel will be 5 Baht a Litre MORE Than it currently is,So about 41 Baht a Litre !! That's Gonna HURT A Lot of Poor people ie; Farmers !! 5 baht more? Ouch. That's an extra 400 to fill my tank. I was hoping switching to diesel was going to save me money.
December 5, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, alien365 said: 5 baht more? Ouch. That's an extra 400 to fill my tank. I was hoping switching to diesel was going to save me money. Cut down on unnecessary journeys.
December 5, 20223 yr 3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said: And it might well be that all pumps deliver B7 which is suited for all Diesel engines here. You might remember the "oil crisis" triggered by Indonesia cutting all palm oil exports. As far as I know this is the reason why they don't want high palm oil contents. Well bring back B20 if it makes diesel cheaper.
December 5, 20223 yr 5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said: My guess: they will hurt the gasoline/gasohol customers with even higher contributions to the oil fund. So if you drive a car/limousine you pay for the stinking smoke belcher in front of you. I would accept that farmers/businesses who depend on pickups and trucks are supported. But it's hard to swallow that all the promenade posers who clog the park decks of Central etc. with their bulky pickups are subsidized. The buying tax advantage for "pickups" (2.5 door/king cabs included) is an absurd mislead policy. I have a Ford Ranger double cab which was 21 years old yesterday and when I bought it in 2001 diesel was less than 10 baht a litre.
December 5, 20223 yr Just now, billd766 said: I have a Ford Ranger double cab which was 21 years old yesterday and when I bought it in 2001 diesel was less than 10 baht a litre. But you rich Bill inflationary variations don't affect you. ????
December 5, 20223 yr 17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said: But you rich Bill inflationary variations don't affect you. ???? I will be rich as soon as I or SWMBO win the lottery.
December 5, 20223 yr 7 minutes ago, billd766 said: I will be rich as soon as I or SWMBO win the lottery. Hope it happens for you. ????
December 5, 20223 yr 4 hours ago, KhunLA said: ???????????? What the hell Are Yer Laughin' At ?? Edited December 5, 20223 yr by Nong Khai Man More Added
December 5, 20223 yr Author 5 hours ago, Kwasaki said: Well bring back B20 if it makes diesel cheaper. If it saves me something decent I'd be happy to try the b20, but there's zero incentive to use it at the moment. That's why I'm a bit confused with its current price when it used to be cheaper.
December 5, 20223 yr Author 5 hours ago, Kwasaki said: Cut down on unnecessary journeys. If it goes up more I think it would be sensible to do so. At the moment I'm driving everywhere as I want to go out and drive. Pilok is next on the list to get some nice twisty roads in.
December 5, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said: What the hell Are Yer Laughin' At ?? Obviously ... that would be the highlighted text I quoted.
December 6, 20223 yr 15 hours ago, alien365 said: If it goes up more I think it would be sensible to do so. At the moment I'm driving everywhere as I want to go out and drive. Pilok is next on the list to get some nice twisty roads in. Some nice roads between P/lock and Phetchabun, use to do Sunday bike rides out that way.
December 6, 20223 yr 15 hours ago, alien365 said: If it saves me something decent I'd be happy to try the b20, but there's zero incentive to use it at the moment. That's why I'm a bit confused with its current price when it used to be cheaper. We haven't got B20 at our local PTT only B10 & B7. I would say that B20 & B10 users are subsidising B7 users at the moment which kinda makes sense.
December 6, 20223 yr On 12/5/2022 at 9:49 AM, Kwasaki said: B20 was only worth buying when it was cheaper and your Diesel vehicle was able to use it. If it's available I buy it as my Triton seems to run better using it.
December 6, 20223 yr much diesal comes from russia and they have a hold on the market its unlikely to go down anytime soon
December 6, 20223 yr 12 minutes ago, edwinchester said: If it's available I buy it as my Triton seems to run better using it. My Isuzu runs on anything, ethanol can be a booster to an engine. I didn't really notice any difference in performance when B20 was available, the only difference was in price of filling a 65 litre truck tank full.
December 7, 20223 yr 21 hours ago, Kwasaki said: My Isuzu runs on anything, ethanol can be a booster to an engine. I didn't really notice any difference in performance when B20 was available, the only difference was in price of filling a 65 litre truck tank full. Though won’t ethanol damage seals etc without necessary modifications? My 2015 Isuzu would’ve needed a modification kit (around 3000 baht quoted a few years ago) when I was considering it. The engine will run fine on it but it’s the aforementioned concomitant damage . All academic since it’s basically gone away now
December 7, 20223 yr 27 minutes ago, nchuckle said: Though won’t ethanol damage seals etc without necessary modifications? My 2015 Isuzu would’ve needed a modification kit (around 3000 baht quoted a few years ago) when I was considering it. The engine will run fine on it but it’s the aforementioned concomitant damage . All academic since it’s basically gone away now All I can say if manufacturers are still putting seals and gaskets in motors now or in 2015 that are prone to attack from ethanol fuels that shouldn't be the case. Seals and gaskets resistance to ethanol have been around since 1994.
December 7, 20223 yr 46 minutes ago, Kwasaki said: All I can say if manufacturers are still putting seals and gaskets in motors now or in 2015 that are prone to attack from ethanol fuels that shouldn't be the case. Seals and gaskets resistance to ethanol have been around since 1994. I presume they used specs appropriate to the ethanol % content in use at the time but when that increased other issues arose. "When fuel contains a high amount of ethanol, the gasoline will begin to decay because of the oxygen in the blend. Since the ethanol is hygroscopic, it absorbs water from the air, causing the fuel blend to separate. Ethanol can be extremely damaging to small engines and high-powered sports equipment, leading to corrosion of the engine and fuel system. Simply put, what seems like a relatively innocuous purchase of an ethanol containing fuel can ruin your engine."
December 7, 20223 yr 7 minutes ago, nchuckle said: I presume they used specs appropriate to the ethanol % content in use at the time but when that increased other issues arose. "When fuel contains a high amount of ethanol, the gasoline will begin to decay because of the oxygen in the blend. Since the ethanol is hygroscopic, it absorbs water from the air, causing the fuel blend to separate. Ethanol can be extremely damaging to small engines and high-powered sports equipment, leading to corrosion of the engine and fuel system. Simply put, what seems like a relatively innocuous purchase of an ethanol containing fuel can ruin your engine." There's to much hype and concern about ethanol fuels IMHO since 1976 Brazil has produced it in fuels and resistant materials parts, fuel lines gaskets and seals have been produced ever since. On older vehicles schedules of replacing some seals and gaskets at time may be needed in any time of a vehicles life that doesn't necessarily mean ethanol is responsible it's just the age of the vehicle.
Create an account or sign in to comment