French man arrested in Bangkok for allegedly swindling two million baht in investment scam

snoop1130

16 hours ago, ryane66 said:

There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century, .

Guy wanting to make a dollar without sending too, much, scammed by a guy wanting to make a dollar, without spending anything. greed is the personality.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After investing two million baht with him, the unnamed victim, however, never received the items while the suspect disappeared.

Done well coppers.

Well now he didn't disappear properly didn't he . Should've left the country.

8 hours ago, Enoon said:

"Singular they, along with its inflected or derivative forms, them, their, theirs and themselves (or themself), is an epicene (gender-neutral) third-person pronoun. It typically occurs with an unspecified antecedent, in sentences such as:

"Somebody left their umbrella in the office. Could you please let them know where they can get it?"

"The patient should be told at the outset how much they will be required to pay."

"But a journalist should not be forced to reveal their sources."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

I remember when I would think like that but never ever pick someone up for grammar unless in the classroom and being paid. I'm sure you understood what was ment and got the gist of it. His remark was quite valid when just chatting and not marking exams. I read the article and first thought two people.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The suspect befriended the unidentified victim and allegedly lied to them that he could import luxurious brand-name products such as purses, perfume, and shoes from France to Thailand for sale,

in his kind of "funny" business he just needed to find some "pigeons" and it appears he did  555