Doberman breeder

Off topic - sorry!   We recently bred a litter of French Bulldogs. We have both parents , now desexed.

Our quiet house is now mayhem with 6 frenchies running around ! We had no interest from anyone to buy them! Advertised on Bahtsold (waste of time) & put numerous posts on wifes' FB page.

French bulldogs sell for more than $7K in Australia - here, we couldn't give them away!! (actually we did give 2 away!).

65K Baht for a Dobermann pup with no information about parents & sight unseen is complete bs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, G Rex said:

Off topic - sorry!   We recently bred a litter of French Bulldogs. We have both parents , now desexed.

Our quiet house is now mayhem with 6 frenchies running around ! We had no interest from anyone to buy them! Advertised on Bahtsold (waste of time) & put numerous posts on wifes' FB page.

French bulldogs sell for more than $7K in Australia - here, we couldn't give them away!! (actually we did give 2 away!).

65K Baht for a Dobermann pup with no information about parents & sight unseen is complete bs. 

If the OP is describing the same place that I think it is, then the price seems fair. As far as seeing the dog, then that is difficult but I can only assume that the breeder wants to protect the dogs from possible infections by multiple visits while they are so young. The breeder can be contacted for more info but I know that photos and pedigree details are available - the sires are in Europe and the dams are inseminated artificially here.

It seems that this place relies on an established reputation to sell their limited numbers of puppies. The dog I posted about turned out to be wonderful - no bs.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Any dog would attack a stranger entering their domain.

Does that claim take into account the tens of millions of  dogs that would wag their tails and greet a person coming into their domain?

I'm glad you're  happy with your doberman experience and at the same time I wish you could have experienced going to my friends house where Mary had her Doberman, Rex.    Rex knew me well and i'd spent plenty of time petting him.   When I came to their door, however, every time Rex wold bark and scowl as if he wanted to remove my neck from my body.

Like it or not, It is my opinion Doberman's are a ticking time bomb.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Like it or not, It is my opinion Doberman's are a ticking time bomb.

Image result for are dobermans aggressive

A Doberman Pinscher is extremely loyal to his family. A Doberman Pinscher is very sweet and affectionate with the family children, provided he has been raised with them. He views the kids as the puppies in the pack. A Doberman Pinscher is a fantastic guard dog that will be the ultimate protector for your kids.

Ticking time bomb for anyone outside the family, yeh, well who cares, family 1st.
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, KayDeeDee said:

Hello there , I am interested in the Thai Ridge back  , Nice looking Dog , any more details about this Breed . Also im interested in a Good  watch dog  maybe 

German Shepherd   any breeders in Thailand  ?  and Bull Dogs  . 

Our first dog was a Thai ridgeback. Good pedigree but abandoned as a puppy and we took her in as a bag of bones - she looked horrible! After a visit to the vet, heaps of good clean food, water and a lot of love, she turned into a real looker and fit with it. Not the biggest dog but great fun, good with kids and completely fearless - they are excellent guards (yes even the girls) and all Thai people seem to respect them! She always was always No.1 here and she is sorely missed. I'd recommend ridgebacks to anyone.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pmbkk said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're all hard men wanting to pose!

I'm glad to see you're as shallow as your constant eristic posts suggest...

Nah, you're getting me mixed up with their shallowness!   

Is there something wrong with eristicism or are members here only allowed to say the same things in the same way as everyone else, not many of whom ever get to the truth that you seem to think should be demonstrated in every post, in fact?   

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

If the OP is describing the same place that I think it is, then the price seems fair. As far as seeing the dog, then that is difficult but I can only assume that the breeder wants to protect the dogs from possible infections by multiple visits while they are so young. The breeder can be contacted for more info but I know that photos and pedigree details are available - the sires are in Europe and the dams are inseminated artificially here.

It seems that this place relies on an established reputation to sell their limited numbers of puppies. The dog I posted about turned out to be wonderful - no bs.

The likelihood of the prospective purchaser introducing an infection - viral or bacterial - is extremely low. IMO opinion this is just bs to create the aura that their bloodlines & breeding are so wonderful.

It depends what the OP wants - a genetically wonderful canine - or a good socialized pet.

2 hours ago, G Rex said:

The likelihood of the prospective purchaser introducing an infection - viral or bacterial - is extremely low. IMO opinion this is just bs to create the aura that their bloodlines & breeding are so wonderful.

It depends what the OP wants - a genetically wonderful canine - or a good socialized pet.

I think my friend got both.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:44 AM, nauseus said:

I think you mean Donmoon in Prae? My friend bought a bitch puppy (on line) about 7 years ago. She was delivered to Pattaya with pedigree and vax certs by arrangement. No problem.

Beautiful - great nature and behaviour - faithful and wonderful. Go for it, if you have a spare racetrack!\

Yes that's the place I went to. Did your friend buy a dog from these people because you're not clear? 

On 12/6/2022 at 9:22 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I just tried it, all good.

Yeah me too but after two days they still haven't replied to the email I sent them. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, ujayujay said:

There are thousands of Dogs in Dogshelters in Thailand waiting for a home and in need to be cared. I had a Dingo Breed male Soidog; the best Watchdog and very social I had ever. I dont understand, how to buy a Breeddog in Thailand.....its abit shameful......

Never a good idea to take on a dog when you have absolutely no idea of its history. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:12 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

They're all hard men wanting to pose!

They're guard dogs, perhaps you have nothing worth guarding but some of us do. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Bob12345 said:

Please do not get it's ear butchered, but do take off its balls right away.

Yeah I had to laugh at that. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, tilaceer said:

Your point being ?

The point being you're completely contradicting yourself by advising people to get a dog neutered, but not to get their ears cropped.  

4 hours ago, Siam_Sam said:

Yes that's the place I went to. Did your friend buy a dog from these people because you're not clear? 

Yeah me too but after two days they still haven't replied to the email I sent them. 

Never a good idea to take on a dog when you have absolutely no idea of its history. 

They're guard dogs, perhaps you have nothing worth guarding but some of us do. 

Yeah I had to laugh at that. 

The point being you're completely contradicting yourself by advising people to get a dog neutered, but not to get their ears cropped.  

Yes. Donmoon.

Too many replies but from the rest - I don't think you are a dog lover. Better not buy one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tilaceer said:

"The point being you're completely contradicting yourself by advising people to get a dog neutered, but not to get their ears cropped."

So you are equating getting cosmetic surgery on a dog to satisfy your testosterone ego to having a dog

neutered to :-
1. Make a male, (especially a larger dog), more docile and less likely to become aggressive and
2. Be a responsible pet owner to try and curb the huge amount of unwanted animals that either live feral,  fill up  animal shelters, or those who want to start a puppy farm.

If this is your thinking then a dobie for not for you......go get a jack russell.

You're being judgemental. Have you ever thought that there might be other reasons why people get a Doberman's ears cropped besides satisfying their "testosterone ego?" I've never actually heard that term before but I know what you're implying by it. The breeder I went to see advised me to get the dog's ears cropped. He was a gentle old man of about sixty odd, does he also crop dog's ears to satisfy his "testosterone ego?" You don't have to answer this question but I'd be interested to know if you're a vegan? 

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes. Donmoon.

Too many replies but from the rest - I don't think you are a dog lover. Better not buy one.

You're being judgemental too. You don't know me and know nothing about me but you're entitled to your opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Siam_Sam said:

You're being judgemental. Have you ever thought that there might be other reasons why people get a Doberman's ears cropped besides satisfying their "testosterone ego?" I've never actually heard that term before but I know what you're implying by it. The breeder I went to see advised me to get the dog's ears cropped. He was a gentle old man of about sixty odd, does he also crop dog's ears to satisfy his "testosterone ego?" You don't have to answer this question but I'd be interested to know if you're a vegan? 

You're being judgemental too. You don't know me and know nothing about me but you're entitled to your opinion. 

Have you ever thought that there might be other reasons why people get a Doberman's ears cropped besides satisfying their "testosterone ego?"

An excuse used is that floppy eared dogs can be more susceptible to ear infections. Rubbish....with regular cleaning/inspection there would not be a problem. BTW, pointed ears can be extremely susceptible to fly bites.
What was the reason this gentle old man gave you to mutilate your dog  ?
No, I am not a vegan, I am an animal lover, and what a stupid question.
Like Nauseus, I know nothing about you other than what I have read on this forum, and based on that...get a goldfish.

Edited by tilaceer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Have you ever thought that there might be other reasons why people get a Doberman's ears cropped besides satisfying their "testosterone ego?"

An excuse used is that floppy eared dogs can be more susceptible to ear infections. Rubbish....with regular cleaning/inspection there would not be a problem. BTW, pointed ears can be extremely susceptible to fly bites.
What was the reason this gentle old man gave you to mutilate your dog  ?
No, I am not a vegan, I am an animal lover, and what a stupid question.
Like Nauseus, I know nothing about you other than what I have read on this forum, and based on that...get a goldfish.

So you're an animal lover, but you have no qualms about eating them? 

4 minutes ago, Siam_Sam said:

So you're an animal lover, but you have no qualms about eating them? 

Stick to the topic. Obviously, you have nothing productive to offer, so I am out of this conversation.

You might find the table provided in this link interesting on how cropping is regarded from a legal standpoint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_(animal)#Legal_status_by_country

Edited by tilaceer

10 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Stick to the topic. Obviously, you have nothing productive to offer, so I am out of this conversation.

You might find the table provided in this link interesting on how cropping is regarded from a legal standpoint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_(animal)#Legal_status_by_country

Yes I think that's the best thing for you to do, you're making a fool out of yourself and the conversation is moving on to subjects you're not capable of debating. Thanks for the link but Thailand isn't included in the list and it isn't illegal to crop dog's ears here so why would I care about what goes on in other countries? 

3 hours ago, Siam_Sam said:

Yes, I became judgmental after seeing your replies to others. Then your thankless reply to me made the verdict much easier. I know enough not to want to know you more. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

Yes, I became judgmental after seeing your replies to others. Then your thankless reply to me made the verdict much easier. I know enough not to want to know you more. 

I never wanted to know you in the first place so that'll make things easier for you. 

On 12/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, tilaceer said:

"The point being you're completely contradicting yourself by advising people to get a dog neutered, but not to get their ears cropped."

So you are equating getting cosmetic surgery on a dog to satisfy your testosterone ego to having a dog

neutered to :-
1. Make a male, (especially a larger dog), more docile and less likely to become aggressive and
2. Be a responsible pet owner to try and curb the huge amount of unwanted animals that either live feral,  fill up  animal shelters, or those who want to start a puppy farm.

If this is your thinking then a dobie for not for you......go get a jack russell.

1. Neutering can influence the dogs beavior, in both positive and negative ways. Some dogs get more insecure due to neutering resulting in more aggression. Read up about the subject, and please dont use USA websites only as they always tell you to do every possible medical intervention possible (they want to mak money).

2. If you think you should neuter your dog to avoid unwanted puppies, you should not ever consider taking a dog because you are NOT a responsible owner to begin with. Ever heard of a gate and a leash? Don't let your dogs wonder around the soi by themselves!

If you dont understand this, don't consider a dobie or even a jack russell. Go find another hobby.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

1. Neutering can influence the dogs beavior, in both positive and negative ways. Some dogs get more insecure due to neutering resulting in more aggression. Read up about the subject, and please dont use USA websites only as they always tell you to do every possible medical intervention possible (they want to mak money).

2. If you think you should neuter your dog to avoid unwanted puppies, you should not ever consider taking a dog because you are NOT a responsible owner to begin with. Ever heard of a gate and a leash? Don't let your dogs wonder around the soi by themselves!

If you dont understand this, don't consider a dobie or even a jack russell. Go find another hobby.

The issue was not whether you should get your animal spayed or not.. If you are a responsible pet owner, you can research from online articles, as well as taking advice from veterinary professionals, then making a rational decision.

You made a comment suggesting that butchering a dogs ears for mainly cosmetic reasons was the medical equivalent of spaying. The OP agreed with your comment and indicated that he wanted to have this procedure performed without stating what he felt the benefits were, rather he wanted to segue into a discussion about veganism, at which point I had heard enough.

Irrespective whether you agree with spaying or not, I still believe it is incorrect to state that, cropping a dogs ears is comparable to having a dog neutered, that is why cropping has been banned in so many countries.