Doberman breeder

I want to get a Doberman but the only breeder I can find is in Phrae. When I went there he wouldn't let me see the puppies that he had there because he was worried they might catch something from me which seemed very strange, how does he expect me to buy a dog from him when I'm not even allowed to see how he keeps them or what they look like beforehand? He also said that the mother wasn't with the puppies and was kept in a different place, something else that seemed strange, or is that normal practice? He wants 65,000 baht for a Doberman puppy which seems expensive, even with all the official documents. Are there any other Doberman breeders in Thailand? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

I just googled Dobermann Thailand and a lot of pages popped up.

There is also a Thailand Dobermann page on Facebook.

You just need to look a little closer.

And no,it is not normal to keep the pups at another place as the mother.

Did you see the father?Personally i would want to meet and greed both parents.

I have trained many dogs over the years and i have seen very few Dobermanns with a character i like to see.Most are too shy and nervous.

A good one is a great dog to have but they are hard to find.

I know people that have kennels and a lot use a webcam these days so anyone interested can see the pups and how the act and behave.

If you think there is something not right just walk away.

65000 baht is a lot of money for a dog so you better make sure it is what you are looking for.

I was looking for the same or rottweiler with some obedience/security training for when we move back.

I knew a guy in BKK who had a superb example but he headed to fields afar.

I did have one guy bookmarked re  Dobermans but it's on my other PC in the UK.

The parents themselves looked good, has a kennels & also pics with kids, unfortunately don't have the link and that was 5 yrs ago pre Covid.

I grew up with both.  My ex gf had 5 rotties in her stables ( and a jack Russell which was a pain in the ars*, but thought it was a rottie)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KayDeeDee said:

Hello there , I am interested in the Thai Ridge back  , Nice looking Dog , any more details about this Breed . Also im interested in a Good  watch dog  maybe 

German Shepherd   any breeders in Thailand  ?  and Bull Dogs  .

Michael's number and email are at the end, he's got one been exported to the USA, all inoculated and with papers, he and his wife are dedicated to breeding quality dogs. He'll answer any questions, lovely couple. Check his YouTube vlogs, quite a character. 

Edited by roo860
  • Like 2

We have bought 3 pedigrees over the years from a company called PerfectPedigreeThailand. 
Below is from their website.  They always post new puppies available. We were able to see Mum & Dad with every purchase via video call   https://www.perfectpedigreethailand.com/available-puppies.html
Prices ranged from 20k - 35k depending on the breed.

Our Vision

We want you to enjoy the process of finding a new family member while we take care of all the details. We are approachable and always ready to help. We provide an ethical and convenient service to enable dog lovers in Thailand to find world-class purebred puppies. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jvs said:

I just googled Dobermann Thailand and a lot of pages popped up.

There is also a Thailand Dobermann page on Facebook.

You just need to look a little closer.

And no,it is not normal to keep the pups at another place as the mother.

Did you see the father?Personally i would want to meet and greed both parents.

I have trained many dogs over the years and i have seen very few Dobermanns with a character i like to see.Most are too shy and nervous.

A good one is a great dog to have but they are hard to find.

I know people that have kennels and a lot use a webcam these days so anyone interested can see the pups and how the act and behave.

If you think there is something not right just walk away.

65000 baht is a lot of money for a dog so you better make sure it is what you are looking for.

Lots of pages pop up when you Google 'Doberman Thailand' but none of them are for actual breeders selling them except for the one I've already been to. I don't use Facebook either. 

I think you mean Donmoon in Prae? My friend bought a bitch puppy (on line) about 7 years ago. She was delivered to Pattaya with pedigree and vax certs by arrangement. No problem.

Beautiful - great nature and behaviour - faithful and wonderful. Go for it, if you have a spare racetrack!\

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiclan said:

We have bought 3 pedigrees over the years from a company called PerfectPedigreeThailand. 
Below is from their website.  They always post new puppies available. We were able to see Mum & Dad with every purchase via video call   https://www.perfectpedigreethailand.com/available-puppies.html
Prices ranged from 20k - 35k depending on the breed.

Our Vision

We want you to enjoy the process of finding a new family member while we take care of all the details. We are approachable and always ready to help. We provide an ethical and convenient service to enable dog lovers in Thailand to find world-class purebred puppies. 

got a suspect warning from that link. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I was looking for the same or rottweiler with some obedience/security training for when we move back.

I knew a guy in BKK who had a superb example but he headed to fields afar.

I did have one guy bookmarked re  Dobermans but it's on my other PC in the UK.

The parents themselves looked good, has a kennels & also pics with kids, unfortunately don't have the link and that was 5 yrs ago pre Covid.

I grew up with both.  My ex gf had 5 rotties in her stables ( and a jack Russell which was a pain in the ars*, but thought it was a rottie)

https://radchajan.wixsite.com/rottweilerpuppies?fbclid=IwAR0wYcnGxuWfxhQot8chZcOBqYIl7U7GPiGO5ezVXmrTclFMpnNCXbR4H5w

It used to be run by an English speaking German.

Edited by Asquith Production
add text
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Maybe my AV s/ware is too protective?

If your on Facebook, search PerfectPedigree, I am now following them. Not sure if you have to put in Thailand after their name as I clicked on a link within their link that you had a problem with.

5 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I'm a dog lover but Doberman's always strike me as a dog that's a ticking time bomb

Me too. A spayed Doberman should be safe enough, the ones I think are really dangerous are pit bulls. Although any large dog is a risk. There's a recent case in Australia where a meter reader was mauled to death.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-06/is-a-particular-dog-breed-more-likely-to-attack-and-why/101735692

I still think of my son's dog, a wire-haired terrier with beseeching eyes who liked nothing better than sitting on my lap, or going on sprints around the house out of sheer joy of living. We still miss him.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tilaceer said:

Doberman is a great choice. But, you have to be prepared to put a lot of time in.
I would go for a male, (neutered). One that comes from a good line makes an absolutely brilliant family addition.
Please, please, please..if you go or a dobie do NOT get it's ears butchered.
I would walk away from this possible puppy farmer but make sure you verify that any papers are genuine.
Guy over this way was selling Rotties with fake papers, and when people complained he just told 'em to eff off.

Please do not get it's ear butchered, but do take off its balls right away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1