Pay at 7-11 for Lazada.....This option seems to be gone...

redwood1

6 hours ago, Onerak said:

I pay COD for small amount (less than 1000 baht). This guarantees me delivery to my door step when I am at my condo, instead of leaving the product at Condo office. A few times when I ordered items more than one thousand, I used my US issued credit card. This guarantees me protection from fraud and outright denial of charges if can't get my product or there is any product misinformation in ads. It has worked wonderful for me so far. I never use a card that has access to my money in the bank. 

Some people are worried about using bank cards \ credit cards in case of fraud hence why truemoneywallet is another option, i also use a credit card. COD takes more effort, I don't use it anymore

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some people are worried about using bank cards \ credit cards in case of fraud

Hmm. That's the first time I heard. All my US bank issued credit cards are protected against fraud and now my debit cards (MC/Visa network) are also protected against fraud. The only difference is when you report a fraud for debit card, your cash is already taken out of your bank account till they refund it and it make take up to ten days (some banks like CapitalOne refunds it immediately). Credit cards may also take up to tent days for them to remove the charge but you don't pay them a dime, even if your payment is due and a bill is already created. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some people are worried about using bank cards \ credit cards in case of fraud hence why truemoneywallet is another option, i also use a credit card. COD takes more effort, I don't use it anymore

I looked over truemoney wallet......And if I am understanding things right, you can top up true money wallet with cash at 7-11........Has anyone done this?

19 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I looked over truemoney wallet......And if I am understanding things right, you can top up true money wallet with cash at 7-11........Has anyone done this?

Easy to top up using phone bank app, why wouldn't you do that? Yes signing up isn't plane sailing but persevere 

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

True money wallet wants loads of info to sign up but looks some what friendly except for the unfriendly sign up...

In addition to passport scan and scan of your face you'll need one of these secondary forms of ID which they ask for after you've submitted everything else...

Screenshot_20221209_054431_TrueMoney.jpg

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

In addition to passport scan and scan of your face you'll need one of these secondary forms of ID which they ask for after you've submitted everything else...

Screenshot_20221209_054431_TrueMoney.jpg

Alien Identification card....What does this even mean?

Thai House Yellow book.....Well if your renting a condo.....Would you have a yellow book?

And if you don't drive I guess you would not have a Thai drivers licence....

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Thai House Yellow book.....Well if your renting a condo.....Would you have a yellow book?

Alien ID card is also known as the Pink ID card. It's mentioned in here a lot but for the life of me I can't remember how you get one ????

Yellow Book ... I asked my condo office to get one for me, even showed them a picture, but they gave me a blank Blue Book instead ????

Thai DL ... I don't drive and to be perfectly honest I cannot be bothered to go through the process to get one just for setting up the True Money Wallet. So no soup for me!

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Alien ID card is also known as the Pink ID card. It's mentioned in here a lot but for the life of me I can't remember how you get one ????

Yellow Book ... I asked my condo office to get one for me, even showed them a picture, but they gave me a blank Blue Book instead ????

Thai DL ... I don't drive and to be perfectly honest I cannot be bothered to go through the process to get one just for setting up the True Money Wallet. So no soup for me!

In our case Alien ID means passport

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Hard cheese if you can't meet their requirements, a Wallet isn't a right!

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's a "cashless withdrawal"?    Don't see the point of using an ATM to get no cash.

A cardless withdrawal is where you use your bank mobile app to scan a QR code displayed on the ATM screen.  Then the ATM spits out the amount you requested. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's a "cashless withdrawal"?    Don't see the point of using an ATM to get no cash.

A cardless withdrawal is where you use your bank mobile app to scan a QR code displayed on the ATM screen.  Then the ATM spits out the amount you requested. 

I know what a cardless withdrawal is.   I don't know what a "cashless withdrawal" at an ATM is, though, which is what he posted.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I know what a cardless withdrawal is.   I don't know what a "cashless withdrawal" at an ATM is, though, which is what he posted.

Just a typo...even my mobile spell checker initially replaced cardless with cashless which I had to change back to cardless before submitting.

Today I went to a 7-11, I saw the debit card thing there, so I handed over my debit card to pay for my purchases. The girl tried all ways and could not operate my card, she called over another assistant and she could not operate it either, so I ended up just paying cash.

These girls I know are badly paid and obviously do not have a good education, otherwise they would not be working for these low wages, so how are they going to cope in a cashless society? Go into Lotus or Makro etc and the girls at the pay register all know what they are doing.

So why at the 7-11's the facilities are there, but there is no point of them if the assistants have no idea of how to work them.

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In this case, an Alien ID Card was required, a passport is not an Alien ID Card.

Not needed for me, i must be special

You're right, of course you're special, but we were discussing the requirements that were needed for him.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Today I went to a 7-11, I saw the debit card thing there, so I handed over my debit card to pay for my purchases. The girl tried all ways and could not operate my card, she called over another assistant and she could not operate it either, so I ended up just paying cash.

So why at the 7-11's the facilities are there, but there is no point of them if the assistants have no idea of how to work them.

7-11s do not accept payment by debit card, they've told me that several times.  Several times because I've asked different staff during different shifts the same question.

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

7-11s do not accept payment by debit card, they've told me that several times.  Several times because I've asked different staff during different shifts the same question.

Thanks, that's fine, so why do they have the things they put your debit card into? I noticed one at every counter. If you can't use a debit card at a 7-11, I also could not use one at my local Honda agent. The cashless society is still a very long way off, but hey!! This is Thailand.

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks, that's fine, so why do they have the things they put your debit card into? I noticed one at every counter.

Maybe they're for credit cards or cards linked to their "Wallet" systems.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 12/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

You're right, of course you're special, but we were discussing the requirements that were needed for him.

as I've said a few times already, i used passport and driving licence

And, as I've said, it's the requirements that he needed to meet that were being discussed here.