Pay at 7-11 for Lazada.....This option seems to be gone...

redwood1

Do any of you guys still have this pay option? I use to pay at 7-11 pretty often, but for about 2 months now I have not even seen this as a choice.....

Now I have to use CODs 100% of the time.......I refuse to pay by card....

I am using my Debit Card for most of the Online Shopping.

Only practice is that after buying something, Immediately BLOCK the card in your Banking App (in my case SCB) and use Cardless Withdrawal in the APP to withdraw money from the ATM and not use your Card.

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I actually prefer COD.   I used to hate making a special trip to 7-11 or Lotus to counter pay for an item.   Actually avoided vendors that required it.

Why would people want to pay in advance for something they haven't received.  If your not home when delivered, you can do a bank transfer, or pick it up at the shipper's office later.    I've even left money for the drivers.

All easy enough.

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I actually prefer COD.   I used to hate making a special trip to 7-11 or Lotus to counter pay for an item.   Actually avoided vendors that required it.

Why would people want to pay in advance for something they haven't received.  If your not home when delivered, you can do a bank transfer, or pick it up at the shipper's office later.    I've even left money for the drivers.

All easy enough.

Small stuff like up to 1k also COD, but the higher amounts always Debit Card and never an issue (yet). 

once or twice they were out of stock but was reimbursed very quick.

you could also pay the driver directly via qr code, Flash and Kerry you can, other companies no idea

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Set up truemoneywallet then top up as required, move with the times

Some of us do not feel the need to move with the times and have our personal banking information on easy to lose phones.  Suspect this is a major reason Shopee has ceased Bank App payments.  I have had no issues over last 4 years using CC for payment of Lazada and much prefer having that protection.

Shopee already stopped paying over bank due to hacked accounts. 

I would never give Lazada my account with my funds.

I have a second account with 2000 Baht only. So any damages would be limited. Max. withdrawal amount could be a solution too.

Lazada refunds (if any) due to offered products but not available is taking up to two months. Increasing issues.

I just ask myself if I need this nonsense products mostly coming from China and broken after a while????.

Poor quality these gimicks.

Carefully.

6 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Lazada refunds (if any) due to offered products but not available is taking up to two months. Increasing issues.

Actually I get refund within a week to my credit card and card offers full protection from fraud.  But understand using a local card could be problematic in that regard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom H said:

I would never give Lazada my account with my funds.

In Lazada there is the OPTION to save your Card for future use, which I always UNCHECK so my Card is not saved. Only one disadvantage about that IMHO, next time you pay again by card I have to enter the Card details again, but that is a minor issue.

And also in your Banking App lock your card after Online Use. I never use my ATM Card for withdrawals use the Cashless Withdrawal in the APP for that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually I get refund within a week to my credit card and card offers full protection from fraud.  But understand using a local card could be problematic in that regard.

Had a refund on my Debit card within a week as well after a Seller informed that a Product I just bought was out of stock.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Some of us do not feel the need to move with the times and have our personal banking information on easy to lose phones.  Suspect this is a major reason Shopee has ceased Bank App payments.  I have had no issues over last 4 years using CC for payment of Lazada and much prefer having that protection.

Don't move with the times and you'll be left behind. Not everyone has a credit card, i have plus find truemoneywallet very useful, no risk just topping that up which you don't seem to understand 

When paying in advance, I notice that the delivery guy makes very little effort to contact me, simply leaves the stuff at juristic office or wherever.

When paying COD, they always make sincere efforts to contact me, and I take possession of the products, and then pay by scanning or transferring from my phone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I use Lazada all the time....I'm a farang.  I don't remember it ever offering payment at 7-11 but maybe I missed see that option

My payment options in the Lazada app which I looking at as I write this are:

- Lazada Wallet (which I use for payment)

- Credit/debit card

- Mobile Banking (which I use for payment)

- Bank Transfer (which I use for payment

-Truemoney Wallet,

-Rabbit Line Pay,

- and COD (which I use to use)

In my early days of ordering on Lazada I used COD but that can be a pain if you are not around for delivery.  So for the last couple of years I've been using Lazada Wallet, Mobile Banking, and/or Bank Transfer to pay for each order in advance....which method I use depends on the situation...but I use the Lazada Wallet the most, followed by Bank Transfer, and occasionally via Mobile Banking.   I use the Mobile Banking most to top-up my Lazada Wallet.  All three of my main payment methods are easy and quick....all done on the comfort of my smartphone/laptop.

And I have found the Lazada refund process to be easy....in some cases I get my refunded "instantly" after filing the return or dropping off the item at a Kerry/Flash delivery point.

There area a lot of payment options available for a Lazada buy.  Anyone who has a Thai bank acct should be able to do a simple bank transfer which is easy and quick to do (a minute or two)....no additional action required like emailing Lazada a copy of the transfer receipt.  Yeap....lot of options to pay for a Lazada buy.

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

Anyone who has a Thai bank acct should be able to do a simple bank transfer which is easy and quick to do (a minute or two)

I do not recall ever seeing that option from Lazada - Shopee had it until October this year but has stopped.  Perhaps you mean mobile banking rather than internet banking?

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I do not recall ever seeing that option from Lazada - Shopee had it until October this year but has stopped.  Perhaps you mean mobile banking rather than internet banking?

No, I do not mean "internet transfer" which use to be an available option up until around Jul 2022....although the internet option is still shown on the payment options list it is "greyed out" and no longer works.  Maybe they are keeping it on the list but inactivated/grey out for now  as they are planning to bring that option back in the future.  

But back to the "bank transfer" option which I use several times per month, when you select it you are shown a transaction number and instructions on how to complete the bank transfer which is basically log onto your Thai bank acct ibanking/mbanking acct, use the "Pay Bills" function in your banking, look up the vender to pay given in the instructions (i.e. 123 Services), enter the transaction number given in Ref 1,  enter your phone number in Ref 2, and enter the payment amount.  Just like you had got a paper bill for your monthly electric, water, etc., bill.  Click confirm and if you have entered the info correctly (i.e., correct vender, Ref 1 number, and amount) it immediately processes; otherwise, it's rejected as not being found in the system just like how a bill payment will not process unless all info matches.   This is good as you can't send the money to the wrong place or send the wrong amount....must send the exact amount to the stang.  Then just a few seconds later within your Lazada acct you see the payment arrived/completed.  Yea, Lazada calls it a Bank Transfer but it's really a Bill Payment.

Below snapshots are from my Lazada acct when Using the Lazada Mobile App and when logging on Lazada via browser (like using your computer to logon).  During checkout to pay for an order select the "all payment options" selection otherwise you'll probably only see two payment options.  When logging on using the Mobile App that a Mobile Banking app payment will be offered for several banks....but that Mobile Banking payment option is "not" offered when logging on via a browser.  But the Bank Transfer payment option is offered via the app or browser.   

Yeap,  I use the Bank Transfer option (which is actually a Bill Pay option) several times per month but I use my Lazada Wallet more. 

And I highly, highly recommend that people predominately use the Lazada Mobile app vs logging on via your computer because the Mobile App offers more discounts, free/reduced shipping, cashback, and a variety of other goodies not offered at all or in smaller amounts when using Lazada via a browser.  Use of Lazada via browser definitely comes in handy sometimes to "translate" some item descriptions as translation on the mobile app is more cumbersome.  But predominately using the Mobile app is the way to go "pocket-book wise" due to all the extra discounts, free/reduced shipping, etc.   Yea, as long as a person can view a smartphone/tablet screen OK, then using the Lazada Mobile App vs using a browser is the way to go....definitely better.

Lazada Payment Option When" Using Lazada Mobile App." 

Note the Internet Banking option is greyed out/doesn't work anymore
as of around Jul 2022.

image.png.118283d22245b95c47fbb3b154761a77.png

Lazada Payment Options When "Using a Browser" to Log onto your

Lazada acct.  Notice the Mobile Banking option is not offered.  And the

Internet Banking option is greyed out/doesn't work anymore as of around Jul 2022.

image.png.ece3a20bf8919072a4403add3b0c968c.png

34 minutes ago, Pib said:

No, I do not mean "internet transfer" which use to be an available option up until around Jul 2022....although the internet option is still shown on the payment options list it is "greyed out" and no longer works.  Maybe they are keeping it on the list but inactivated/grey out for now  as they are planning to bring that option back in the future.  

But back to the "bank transfer" option which I use several times per month, when you select it you are shown a transaction number and instructions on how to complete the bank transfer which is basically log onto your Thai bank acct ibanking/mbanking acct, use the "Pay Bills" function in your banking, look up the vender to pay given in the instructions (i.e. 123 Services), enter the transaction number given in Ref 1,  enter your phone number in Ref 2, and enter the payment amount.  Just like you had got a paper bill for your monthly electric, water, etc., bill.  Click confirm and if you have entered the info correctly (i.e., correct vender, Ref 1 number, and amount) it immediately processes; otherwise, it's rejected as not being found in the system just like how a bill payment will not process unless all info matches.   This is good as you can't send the money to the wrong place or send the wrong amount....must send the exact amount to the stang.  Then just a few seconds later within your Lazada acct you see the payment arrived/completed.  Yea, Lazada calls it a Bank Transfer but it's really a Bill Payment.

Below snapshots are from my Lazada acct when Using the Lazada Mobile App and when logging on Lazada via browser (like using your computer to logon).  During checkout to pay for an order select the "all payment options" selection otherwise you'll probably only see two payment options.  When logging on using the Mobile App that a Mobile Banking app payment will be offered for several banks....but that Mobile Banking payment option is "not" offered when logging on via a browser.  But the Bank Transfer payment option is offered via the app or browser.   

Yeap,  I use the Bank Transfer option (which is actually a Bill Pay option) several times per month but I use my Lazada Wallet more. 

And I highly, highly recommend that people predominately use the Lazada Mobile app vs logging on via your computer because the Mobile App offers more discounts, free/reduced shipping, cashback, and a variety of other goodies not offered at all or in smaller amounts when using Lazada via a browser.  Use of Lazada via browser definitely comes in handy sometimes to "translate" some item descriptions as translation on the mobile app is more cumbersome.  But predominately using the Mobile app is the way to go "pocket-book wise" due to all the extra discounts, free/reduced shipping, etc.   Yea, as long as a person can view a smartphone/tablet screen OK, then using the Lazada Mobile App vs using a browser is the way to go....definitely better.

Lazada Payment Option When" Using Lazada Mobile App." 

Note the Internet Banking option is greyed out/doesn't work anymore
as of around Jul 2022.

image.png.118283d22245b95c47fbb3b154761a77.png

Lazada Payment Options When "Using a Browser" to Log onto your

Lazada acct.  Notice the Mobile Banking option is not offered.  And the

Internet Banking option is greyed out/doesn't work anymore as of around Jul 2022.

image.png.ece3a20bf8919072a4403add3b0c968c.png

Thanks much for the information - appears BBL not offered until you click on arrow to bring up - then it says see how to pay via ATM making it appear you have to go out and do on an ATM machine.  Will give it a try next order.

Edited by lopburi3

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Thanks much for the information - appears BBL not offered until you click on arrow to bring up - then it says see how to pay via ATM making it appear you have to go out and do on an ATM machine.  Will give it a try next order.

Yea...they are giving instructions like if you went to an ATM "to pay a bill." So  just use your bank mbanking/ibanking "to pay a bill."  I always just use the Pay Bill's selection on my Bangkok Bank mobile app...just takes a minute or two.  And I could do it via Bangkok Bank ibanking also.  All you are doing is paying a bill the Lazada checkout process created....and I think you have 2 days to make the payment....otherwise, the bill then cancels itself if not paid.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Set up truemoneywallet then top up as required, move with the times

I pay COD for small amount (less than 1000 baht). This guarantees me delivery to my door step when I am at my condo, instead of leaving the product at Condo office. A few times when I ordered items more than one thousand, I used my US issued credit card. This guarantees me protection from fraud and outright denial of charges if can't get my product or there is any product misinformation in ads. It has worked wonderful for me so far. I never use a card that has access to my money in the bank. 

15 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Do any of you guys still have this pay option? I use to pay at 7-11 pretty often, but for about 2 months now I have not even seen this as a choice.....

Now I have to use CODs 100% of the time.......I refuse to pay by card....

Do you think POD would work for you?