Bank letter to be obtained from branch at Chaeng Wattana Immigration building, instead of branch where account originally opened?

19 minutes ago, buick said:

i don't know if you had any success with making an appt.  but be aware that going to CW the day after a holiday can be one of the worst days to go - w/o an appt.  if you don't have an appt, i'd wait until wed or thurs to go.

for what it's worth, i did my annual retirement extension in early october and arrived at about 9am (i always arrive around that time at CW).  i got a queue number in the 20's for the L desk and they were already past #10.  i was shocked, i think i'd had one in the 30's before but also 50's, 70's and once i was over 100 (that was the last year).  50-70 had been the norm.  i get my bank letter the day before, i use a foreign currency account.

Sometimes and actually often it's better to go in after the morning surge (but with enough time you'll be seen before lunch if possible).

I'd very much noticed this with 90 day reports. Go in the morning it's hours, in late afternoon it's often minutes.

I'm actually not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Posideon said:

Sometimes and actually often it's better to go in after the morning surge (but with enough time you'll be seen before lunch if possible).

I'd very much noticed this with 90 day reports. Go in the morning it's hours, in late afternoon it's often minutes.

I'm actually not surprised.

it is a close call for me on getting out before lunch when i'm in the 50's.  usually i don't make it, i see the I/O but get the passport back after lunch.  i need to try the appt system for next year.

i've only done one 90 day report.  long story on that but i the short version is i just didn't do them and when i finally went to do one last year, they didn't even fine me or care that i missed so many - i actually said 'this is my first 90 day report, i've missed alot of them over the years'.  they said 'no problem, no fine'.

• Haha 1

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, even those who argued. I got it all done on Tuesday the 13th. Waiting a day or two might have been better, but my nerves couldn't take waiting, had to get it done. 

Krungsri bank office at CW did a beautiful job with the letter and a printout of every month. And much faster than my original branch. 

The frustration came with the fact that the queue system for the re-entry permit is a separate system, and the window to get the number closes at 3:30. We got there at 3:36. But an officer at the re-entry desks told us that if we just wait till those with numbers are served they would try to fit us in before they close up--and they did, but it meant waiting for an hour and a half without knowing what would happen. GF said she saw one guy without a number start asking a lot of questions and they told him to just leave. But we were super polite and they did do it for us as almost the very last of the day. 

Again, thanks.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So Krungsri did bank statements for 12 months on the spot? 

Yes, in minutes, a separate page of paper for every month going back. Each page was only a few lines of small but readable print at the top of the page for that month, so most of the page was blank in every case. The IO also wanted a photo copy of every page of the actual bank book going back to this time last year, to make sure the two agree I assume. And the letter was perfectly stated but not a word longer than it needed to be. And the bank's red ink stamp was on every page of everything. Fee of 300 baht.

Edited by Enzian
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, Enzian said:
On 12/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, Posideon said:

I would recommend getting the letter the day before

That's my MO, works best for me. Day before, at the local branch, it took about five minutes max from the moment I walked in the most recent time.

I've even update the bank book the next day--extension day--at the branch, as it's next to the BTS station I use to leave for Immigration. So after entering the gov't complex building all I need to do is  make a beeline to the copy machines. Whatever works for you, keep on doing it.

Edited by rwilem