Jets, drugs and fast cars: the ‘super-rich’ Chinese gangsters who call Thailand home

webfact

On 12/13/2022 at 6:08 PM, dave moir said:

Why should you be personally interested in something that has nothing to do with you? Unless you maybe have something to hide yourself ????

Well, travelling to Thailand and extending my visas has to do with me, and such crooks and (possible) overblown new restrictions could affect me and other travellers and expats.

23 hours ago, jonclark said:

Sorry you think 90% of the population prefer Chinese (criminals?) visiting Thailand over backpackers. I would find that figure very hard to believe.  What is the source for the number  - or did you make it up? 

Yes, it's my guesstimate. I don't pretend that it is a real number. Could very well be less.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 3:43 AM, chiman said:

I know where some live.. smoking... making noise all night.. super cars.. as friendly as a flaming bag of poo 

When Covid started 2020 I had three Chinese  women  as neighbours.  ( Jomtien). They had rented right next to me !! The noise, the mess, sleeping all day, another few turned up evenings, out all night ( where ?? ) . Found one in the morning sleeping outside her door in the corridor. These were not teenagers, more like 30 ish. I complained, everyone did ! You know the outcome,  condo owner  wasn’t there. Come March, I was getting a bit worried over the Covid situation so decided to leave. Took a taxi straight to Koh Chang, stayed there 2 perfect weeks, then went direct to BKK airport and home to France.  Glad I did too.  I thought the Russians were bad, but Chinese !! Careful Thailand , look at Cambodia and what they did there, and are doing in Laos at the moment !!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well, travelling to Thailand and extending my visas has to do with me, and such crooks and (possible) overblown new restrictions could affect me and other travellers and expats.

Really, what are you so afraid of ?? I don’t see anyone here legally having problems , except inflation maybe !! And they won’t have in the future. 

10 hours ago, geisha said:

Really, what are you so afraid of ?? I don’t see anyone here legally having problems , except inflation maybe !! And they won’t have in the future. 

Yes, sure. That's why there are 1.1m posts and thousands of pages about Thailand visas here... Because it is, (and will always stay) so simple.

Edited by StayinThailand2much