Cooperation between Finnish and Thai police - search of Bangkok premises after fruit picking rumpus

webfact

4 minutes ago, lujanit said:

It is far more prevalent than reported in the news.  One item that was reported was that recent trip to 'Korea'? when the Thais were informed that they owed more money once they got there.  Those Thais just got a taste of what happens to foreigners in Thailand all the time.

A lot of Thais make decent money picking wild fruit in Finland and return year after year.  I hope that the two Thais involved here are not able to buy their way out and serve long jail times.  The seized assets should be sold and the proceeds divided among the victims.  I doubt this will happen.

yes .....  it's similar to the stories of Thais travelling to Dubai for jobs working in massage parlours,  only to discover once they get there they have been conned into paying back 1/2 their salary for months and sometimes years until their debt to the broker and the middle man is paid off.  They are forces into the sex trade,  and if they don't provide they won't receive their passport or salary until they work as requested.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

It is far more prevalent than reported in the news.  One item that was reported was that recent trip to 'Korea'? when the Thais were informed that they owed more money once they got there.  Those Thais just got a taste of what happens to foreigners in Thailand all the time.

A lot of Thais make decent money picking wild fruit in Finland and return year after year.  I hope that the two Thais involved here are not able to buy their way out and serve long jail times.  The seized assets should be sold and the proceeds divided among the victims.  I doubt this will happen.

we have a few family in Korea, last one that went last week got shafted by immigration there for 3k then sent back. Out of the 24 in the group only 7 got in. The berry picking is not what it used to be either.