Immigration Sriracha After 1 month, extension still not ok

My extension(marriage)ended on Dec9th 2022.We went to immigration on Nov15th.Documents all ok except Embassy pension certificate not enough anymore they wanted to see monthly transfers into Thailand.Lucky me Kbank app has the function to download monthly E statements.I downloaded them and sent them in LINE to the immigration officer and she printed it out,and stamped me an "under consideration stamp" until Dec15th.Normally after 2-3 week I call them and they tell me to come and get my extension.This year we went early for my extension(normally 1 week before expiration) because on Dec10th I wanted to fly to Spain so I wanted to get my extension before.December 9th extension still not not ok,so I cancelled my trip to Spain.Today Dec14th extension still not ok,they told my wife they have to send my application to Bangkok and they have no idea when the extension will be back from Bangkok.also no need to worry about overstay because extension is in process,and we should call everyday.

Questions, is this the new normal or is it just me?Does anyone experienced same?Should I worry?If I get stopped by police will they really know I'm not on overstay?How long more I should wait and what I can do if I don't want to wait anymore?For example if I travel out of Thailand on Dec26th without new extension will the immigration at the airport will stamp and charge me for overstay?

The longest we had to wait for it arrive was well over 45 days from the date of application.

That is one of the main reasons (the under consideration period) why I switched to retirement

Edit: This was in 2019, applied on Jan 7th got the extension on 22 Feb

Edited by MJCM

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The longest we had to wait for it arrive was well over 45 days from the date of application.

That is one of the main reasons (the under consideration period) why I switched to retirement

This is insane I wonder why they need that much time

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

This is insane I wonder why they need that much time

Because they got many applicants and they have to scrutinise the documents the applicants provide.

I don't know if you know, but your own Immigration office can't approve the application for extensions based on Marriage they have to send it to the regional HQ, retirement is a local decision.

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Because they got many applicants and they have to scrutinise the documents the applicants provide.

I don't know if you know, but your own Immigration office can't approve the application for extensions based on Marriage they have to send it to the regional HQ, retirement is a local decision.

Yes I know they have to send it to Bangkok but I thought there are not that many foreigner anymore in Thailand before covid many left already ,but maybe I'm wrong.Feels like every year it's getting a bit more complicated to extend the visa.I feel highly uncomfortable with a situation like this.I guess next year I will opt for retirement visa again too or get a new visa every year in Laos and have a nice trip every 90 days to Malaysia or....I was on retirement extension a few years back but when they started that health insurance stuff I changed to marriage extension because I thought they will change the rules also for extentions

I would expect more delays in the near future.

As many high-ranking immigration officers are being investigated for corruption (according to recent news reports), it's quite possible that the guy who is supposed to sign off on your extension currently has other problems to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1