Re-starting Non-O ('Retirement') visa after 2-years C-19 absence

Dear All,

Now back (from UK) in Thailand on a 3-month O visa, obtained in UK after being away for 2+ years during C19 lockdowns etc.

Up until my departure in 2020, and for many years, I had been staying under type Non-O ('retirement') visas. I have that record in my passport.

I'm wondering what, if anything, has changed re. the Non-O application procedure. (I note that no TM6 was issued at the airport)

I kept some cash in my Kasikorn account and topped it up to 800,000K THB, but does it have to be in for 3 months if I am transferring from O to Non-O visa? (I topped up from the UK 2 months + ago and so it will have been in for 3 months before applying anyway, but I could apply earlier if this is not needed.)

I am staying with partner in Hua Hin for some of the time, and that's the address I use for my bank, but I also have to visit BKK for some time every month and have an hotel apartment rental agreement which I assume I can use for the accommodation evidence for the immigration office in BKK.

Grateful to hear whether I've missed anything?

Regards, Steve2009

1 minute ago, Jesse123 said:

Do you have to wait until the final 30 days to apply for the extension?

As usual depends on the immigration office that you deal with.

There may be some that allow you to apply for 30 day extension early and some will tell you to come back later.

Don't understand the desire/need to apply early unless doesn't fit in with travel plans.