2,500 Cruise Tourists Arriving At Koh Samui Today

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

A CRUISE SHIP carrying 2,500 tourists from Europe is docking at Koh Samui for a day trip today (Dec. 17), becoming the second cruise liner to stop over that this popular island after a gap of three years with the first one having done so late last month, INN News said.

Ms. Trisulee Traisoranakul, deputy spokesperson for the Prime Minister’s Office, said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is delighted that the Mein Schiff 5 cruise ship is bringing passengers to Koh Samui. 

Koh Samui officials have prepared a reception for the tourists and arranged to take them to key tourist attractions on the island to ensure that revenue is evenly distributed.

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

A CRUISE SHIP carrying 2,500 tourists from Europe is docking at Koh Samui for a day trip today (Dec. 17), becoming the second cruise liner to stop over that this popular island after a gap of three years with the first one having done so late last month, INN News said.

Do they count the total number as being in Koh Samui or only the ones that bother to go ashore? ..........LOL

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not the best time to be there.  Surf has been really rough.  Are the ferries even running ?

I came from Donsak to Koh Phangan on Thursday and the old Raja ferry couldn't load vehicles because of the wave swell.  It left Donsak, did a few circles and came back when the swell subsided.  It loaded the vehicles, managed to get about 3 Km from the port and then caught fire!!  We made a quick return to Donsak and I had to wait another 3 or so hours for the next ferry..... (The fire was somewhere in the engine room).

5 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I came from Donsak to Koh Phangan on Thursday and the old Raja ferry couldn't load vehicles because of the wave swell.  It left Donsak, did a few circles and came back when the swell subsided.  It loaded the vehicles, managed to get about 3 Km from the port and then caught fire!!  We made a quick return to Donsak and I had to wait another 3 or so hours for the next ferry..... (The fire was somewhere in the engine room).

That's why some of us locals prefer use Seatran and their newer second-hand ferries...:whistling:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not the best time to be there.  Surf has been really rough.  Are the ferries even running ?

It's the usual annual monsoon season during November and December, the two months you should avoid shorter holiday trips yo Samui, as you might experience a couple of weeks with utterly awful weather...:whistling:

10 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Wow ... and the adventure begins ????

At least it didn't sink.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Koh Samui officials have prepared a reception for the tourists and arranged to take them to key tourist attractions on the island to ensure that revenue is evenly distributed.

So all the main big tourist things get the customers and not the small trinket shops in areas like nathon , bophut etc.

Seems even distribution ! ????

Hope they supply umbrellas as it’s chucking it down on west where I am .

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Do they count the total number as being in Koh Samui or only the ones that bother to go ashore? ..........LOL

TAT will count any inside the marine 5 mile limit. Passengers waving more than once from onboard will be counted double.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

I can imagine those are picked our very carefully.