Travel to Cambodia (advice)

Hey guys,

I used to travel to Cambodia several times, the last trip was in 2018, just pay 30$ on arrival at the airport for 30 days, heard about buses from Bangkok but never tried, we are planning to visit Cambodia

how about the procedure after the covid-19, is there any new requirement?

traveling to Cambodia procedure now as usual - before the covid19?

How about the land boarder (bus) from Bangkok to Phnom-penh?

any one experienced trip by both ways: airport/land to advice about traveling experience?

thanks!

Everything is now as usual. Same as pre-COVID.

Visa on artival or you can get evisa online. Vist $5-6 more but saves a whole page in uour passpory.

In decifing between land and air rbtry important vonsideration is whete in Cambodia you want to go. If Phnom Penh then land travel makes little sense unless really short of funds and a glutton for punishment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Everything is now as usual. Same as pre-COVID.

Visa on artival or you can get evisa online. Vist $5-6 more but saves a whole page in uour passpory.

In decifing between land and air rbtry important vonsideration is whete in Cambodia you want to go. If Phnom Penh then land travel makes little sense unless really short of funds and a glutton for punishment. 

Yes, the destination is to the capital city phnom penh,

As I remember in the past years, usually I pay 30$ cash at the airport, 

However, this evisa would be a good idea, could you share the link for this?

Does this eVisa allow to pass by the land border or valid only for travelers by air?

However, for land trip is just in case have some good experience, how many hours from Bkk to the border point? and how many hours from the border to the capital city? if any stressful burden then I will just book the flight,

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, theoldgit said:

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

The list of valid entry points is shown on the website, it's not valid at all entry points into the Kingdom.

I used the evisa to enter at Phnom Penh last month. Very easy to apply, took two days to issue and saves time on arrival. Will do same again for next trip in February.

16 hours ago, lexlam said:

Yes, the destination is to the capital city phnom penh,

As I remember in the past years, usually I pay 30$ cash at the airport, 

However, this evisa would be a good idea, could you share the link for this?

Does this eVisa allow to pass by the land border or valid only for travelers by air?

However, for land trip is just in case have some good experience, how many hours from Bkk to the border point? and how many hours from the border to the capital city? if any stressful burden then I will just book the flight,

Thanks in advance!

See above for link. eVisa is accepted at some but not all land borders. 

5 hours from Bangkok to the border. More if hit traffic getting out of Bangkok.  At least 1 hour at the border crossing. 8 hours or more from border to Phnom Penh. (Easily 10 if you hit traffic). Uncomfortable trip,  road bumpy at places. Also dangetous (frequent accidrnts).

Makes absolutely no sense except for people who are dead broke.