Laos/Cambodia Border Crossing

23 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

I understand I need to pay $30 for a visa when I arrive in Cambodia. Is this a 30 day visa?

It is also 30 days.

You are concentrating on wrong things.

The biggest difference to border run to Laos vs Cambodia is your current location and transport preference.

By way of example ...I live Bangkok and would do flight to Udon Thani and short hop to friendship bridge Nong Khai.

Others perhaps long minivan to Cambodia. 

Not difficult to choose what best suits you. 

Thanks for the info. I am not worried about the cost of the visa. I have a few hundred USD dollars from my last trip to Las Vegas and working out how much to take for these border runs. Interested in the length of the visa's as I might spend time in Laos and Cambodia instead of heading straight back to Thailand as I havent visited these countries before.  

33 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

If I do a visa run to Laos instead of Cambodia, is it the same deal. $30 for 30 days? Just trying to workout all possible options.

Laos is now $40 or 1,500 baht 

Cambodia is $30 or 1,500 baht 

Note both are full page stamps

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

Thanks for the info. I am not worried about the cost of the visa. I have a few hundred USD dollars from my last trip to Las Vegas and working out how much to take for these border runs. Interested in the length of the visa's as I might spend time in Laos and Cambodia instead of heading straight back to Thailand as I havent visited these countries before.  

Well that's a personal choice re which country.

Both are extremely different imo.

However keep in mind that a border bounce is very different to getting to places of interest   

38 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

In my view, Laos is the place to go if you have never been to either (though Angkor is spectacular). A good start is a couple of days in Vientiane followed by Luang Prabang. (the old Royal capital). I find the more laid back vibe of Laos more comfortable than Cambodia. There is less crime, and less Chinese influence.  However, it definitely does depend on the type of tourist experience you are looking for.

If looking to save passport space, both Laos and Cambodia allow the use of e-visa at some land crossings and airports.

• Like 1

hi

obviously  you are that one of the trying to live in thailand as long as you can type. 

so instead of doing funny stuff i suggest you to get a valid visa like people working here or retired or has a wife or studying.. 

i suggest you cooking classes. because probably you will try all options. at least its fun. 

• Haha 1

Laos is much less westernized and MUCH better to have ur own transport>
Cambodia is more Chinese, dirtier. poorer and food less appealing, BUT than again more to do, ( nightlife in PP and SR )  and Angkor wat is a MUST visit

You also have visa runs to Burma, although visa is more costly an currently you need fly is no land border crossings

Malaysia visa not required for most western passports for 90 day stays

• Like 1

14 hours ago, problemfarang said:

hi

obviously  you are that one of the trying to live in thailand as long as you can type. 

so instead of doing funny stuff i suggest you to get a valid visa like people working here or retired or has a wife or studying.. 

i suggest you cooking classes. because probably you will try all options. at least its fun. 

Doing Funny stuff, what you talking about. I have a multi entry tourist visa and need to leave the country after 90 days. What's funny about that ???????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, problemfarang said:

hi

Most ridiculous post so far.

The OP has a METV.

Read up the legality of this option. 

He was asking about border run options. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

Still weighing up my options. A few years ago if you entered Malaysia with a UK passport you got a 90 day visa. Is this still the case.

British nationals do not need a visa to visit Malaysia. You will normally be given permission to stay for 3 months on arrival.

from Google . 

Edited by DrJack54