Christmas Pudding

OzMan

2 hours ago, OzMan said:

Anybody seen large Christmas pudding in the stores in Bangkok?

How large is large?

If no luck in Bkk, Siamburi still has some in stock @ 800g allegedly serves 8 (wouldn't have in my house when I was a kid!). 

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/groceries/desserts/matthew-walker-classic-christmas-pudding-800g/

Not sure about the cost of delivery but if you need some other goods could be an option.

• Like 1

Make your own!  Although it's too late for this year.   Then you can have a stir-up Sunday at the end of November and throw a couple of  shiny 50 satang pieces in the mix in lieu of a silver thruppenny bit.   I'm showing my age, aren't I?

2 hours ago, lungbing said:

Make your own!  Although it's too late for this year.   Then you can have a stir-up Sunday at the end of November and throw a couple of  shiny 50 satang pieces in the mix in lieu of a silver thruppenny bit.   I'm showing my age, aren't I?

Yes you are since the all the thruppenny bits I’ve ever seen were not silver so yours must have been pre QEII though I don’t include the Maundy threepence as they never circulated.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, lungbing said:

'Silver' sixpence was the norm, surely? 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:00 PM, Salerno said:

How large is large?

If no luck in Bkk, Siamburi still has some in stock @ 800g allegedly serves 8 (wouldn't have in my house when I was a kid!). 

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/groceries/desserts/matthew-walker-classic-christmas-pudding-800g/

Not sure about the cost of delivery but if you need some other goods could be an option.

B300 delivery charge to Bangkok and a minimum B1,000 order.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Salerno said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

B300 delivery charge to Bangkok and a minimum B1,000 order.

Ta, that's not bad if stacking up on a few harder to get items I reckon.

Deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will accept orders up to and including the day before.   Pretty good.

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will accept orders up to and including the day before.   Pretty good.

I've seen "thanks" posts on their FB page from people further off the beaten track, seems like they pack the items well too, still frozen. Prices for a lot of things seem on par with Macro, Lotus's etc. too.

• Like 1