Immigration Form TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)

Seeking confirmation of a couple of points regarding the TM.6 Form and whether Immigration has reinstated its use as a matter of post Covid policy or is its use specific to (1) southern land border crossings at Betong and Sadao  or (2) due to the recent crackdown on overstays?

Context:  I'm on a non-O based on Ret w/ a multiple entry and have (...since the country opened "post Covid") been in and out of Thailand and the TM.6 form wasn't used.  This past weekend, I went on a bit of a road trip through southern Thailand and Malaysia exiting at the Betong crossing and reentry one day later at the Sadao crossing.   I was part of a local group tour.  The IMO at Sadao required that I fill out TM.6 as in the "pre Covid" days?!  Is the TM.6 a thing again?  Thanks in advance.

On 12/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

TM6 required at land border crossings not at airports.

The tm6 # etc will not be required by Thai immigration for such things as extensions etc. 

Yesterday I visited the Ratchaburi IMO to submit an annual ext. of stay application/re-entry permit.  (DrJack54) To you point above "...The tm6 # etc will not be required by Thai immigration for such things as extensions etc. ..." it's worth noting that I was asked to provide the TM6 number and a copy of the TM6 form with my application packet.  It did feel more like a box-checking exercise than anything else, but I gave the IMO what they asked for and I was in/out in about 20 mins with a new extension stamp and multi/reentry....

Thanks for everyone's comments...

1 minute ago, jackson2513 said:

it's worth noting that I was asked to provide the TM6 number and a copy of the TM6 form with my application packet

They are robots.

I just returned from 2 weeks out of Thailand.

Obviously no TM6. 

If I needed to do an extension today the tm6 would not be required. 

• 2 weeks later...