Help Please! Renewing Accompany Wife Stay Extension!

Hi All,

Could I please ask advice from those who understand Thai Immigration? I am here on an “Accompany Wife” visa, and my bank account balance fell briefly below 400,000 baht inside the two months before renewal. Through no fault of mine, but entirely thanks to K Bank!

·       I have two K Bank accounts; one that I keep slightly above 400,000 and which I use for Visa (Stay Extension) renewal, and another which I use for general living.

·        A few days ago I was at lunch with my family, and I picked up the bill, which was about 3,500, and I paid with the Scan function on my phone. I very clearly used the second, general living, account, and my daughter checked that I had done it right. But the money was taken from my Visa Renewal account, dropping it to 399,555.72 baht.

·       I immediately transferred money from my general living account to my visa account, but for maybe 3 or 4 minutes the visa account was below 400,000 baht.

·       My Stay Extension is due for renewal on 16 Feb, and I am sure that this will be an issue!

So what do I do? In fact the total in K Bank has always been well above 400,000 baht (Visa and General Living accounts added together), but will Korat Immigration accept adding together two accounts? I would need to take copies of both bank books, and two letters from K bank I guess, even if the Immigration would accept this!

Is it worth talking to Korat Immigration before Stay Extension renewal?

One possibility would be to use an agent but this is likely to be quite an expensive option. I have never used an agent before as I have always been fully compliant with the regulations.

So please could someone with knowledge of Immigration advise here !

Many Thanks to all for the advice!

By the way it was definitely K Bank's fault! I was in the "general living account" area of the website, my daughter checked as she is computer savvy, but it still took the money off the wrong account! Some software glitch I suppose. 

As an aside I don't understand why Thai organisations - especially the government - don't get their software written by the many excellent Indian companies, as it is cheaper, and much better.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

but it still took the money off the wrong account! Some software glitch I suppose. 

Suggest you to open an account with other bank, no mobile banking

Many have a dedicated account for the 400 k

• Like 1

The OP's tech-savvy daughter should tell him that such

a software "glitch" is highly unlikely. If it happened

once, it would likely be doing it all the time. That is

what "programming" is all about; it ain't random!

• Like 1

I have been told twice now by the attending IO that I should only present 1 x bank account to prove that I have sufficient funds. For some reason they don't like having to process more that one account but they will process both accounts if you present more than one, so don't stress about your account dip as long as your total provable funds never dropped below the limit required.

On 12/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, JohnB1945 said:

I very clearly used the second, general living, account, and my daughter checked that I had done it right. But the money was taken from my Visa Renewal account, dropping it to 399,555.72 baht.

there is no way the scan will use your other account. its obvious you made a mistake. i have 3 accounts in 2 different banks including Kasikorn. there is no way app or the bank can confuse.

but as mentioned you will have no problem. can use 2 or more bank account as long as they are in your name.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, JohnB1945 said:

By the way it was definitely K Bank's fault!

It was your fault, your responsibility, likely it will not be a problem. But it was your fault 

Cure, use a different bank for the 400k deposit. Do not have a bank card for that bank do not register for online banking for that bank. & you do not have a visa