Jomtien immigration- Officer declined application for Non-O based on marriage for no reason.

9 minutes ago, Boyn said:

Was it a case of mistaken identity ? she may have thought you were someone else who was previously rude to her.

That was my first thought,

but she would have the rude guys name, passport number and photo

right in front of her.

Ps The op ,  dropped this bombshell then walked out the door. :coffee1:

Edited by Orinoco

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

i'm not calling it Bs yet.

But think there is,  just a little bit more to this story.

Unlikely.  raised voice possable.

I understand why you would think that. If I were reading this thread, I would think the same as you if I were reading this. There usually is more to the story!

But honestly, I walked in, was polite as could be, and she was just horrible from the start. Not shouting, but a raised voice. How I would speak to a very naughty child if I wanted them to cry. Not a polite person who walked into my office with all the correct paperwork and just placed it on my desk with a polite "sa wa dee krap."

18 minutes ago, heist said:

I don't know. I've been full-on screamed at in immigration before, for absolutely no reason, by someone who was apparently having a bad day and saw me as the reason for it. Nothing really surprises me anymore. 

Nah, don't believe you. ( for absolutely no reason )

26 minutes ago, carbuyer said:

I understand why you would think that. If I were reading this thread, I would think the same as you if I were reading this. There usually is more to the story!

But honestly, I walked in, was polite as could be, and she was just horrible from the start. Not shouting, but a raised voice. How I would speak to a very naughty child if I wanted them to cry. Not a polite person who walked into my office with all the correct paperwork and just placed it on my desk with a polite "sa wa dee krap."

Ok, she must have just had a bad day.

Go back tomorrow and take a Thai  person with you.

Let us know how it went.  :jap:

12 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Ok, she must have just had a bad day.

Go back tomorrow and take a Thai  person with you.

Let us know how it went.  :jap:

I went with my wife, as you must to get the visa.
She doesn't understand why the officer was that way, either.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I can't recall the immigration office (not Jomtien) but I'm sure I have read similar recent post to your experience. 

As has already been stated . The funds for the non O are required on day of application. 

Thinking you have options as mentioned in thread.

Unfortunately prob have to suck it up and play their game. 

Personally I would have accepted the bribe alternative if it was on offer. 

That was me too, I felt people needed to be warned of my experience in a seperate thread. Sorry for any confusion

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaah, the infamous office number 7. A few on here; me included; have been in that room and come out poorer. I was also instructed to learn to speak Thai. That was a few years ago and has turned out to be a one-off experience.

It is intimidation and if you think about complaining it would be a bit of a dilemna for you. Is the person you complain to getting a cut? Will you be storing up trouble for the future?

I would pay.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carbuyer said:

She starting speaking to me very rudely and and angrily, saying that the funds needed to be in the account for more than 2 months.

I told her that I was not applying for the 12 month extension, only the initial 3 months visa. For that, they only need to be in the account on day of application, as per the gov website, which I also showed her.

I asked at Khon Kaen Immigration last month prior to converting a non-exempt entry to Non-0 for retirement what documents were needed. I was also told a 3 month statement showing the funds. I already had the money in the bank for a long time so no problem but like you I thought it was only required for the day of application to have the funds in the bank. When I returned to do the initial 90 day Non-0 they specifically requested that 3 month statement.

Are other people reporting the same requirement for Jomtien?

Maybe the IO you were dealing with is frustrated having to explain it over and over to everyone who then attempt to point out that it is not an official requirement for the initial 90 day Non-0.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

As you said money in the bank on day of application.

2 months in bank when doing the 12 month extension.

You could always get a 60 day extension then the money would be in the bank longer.

Sounds like she is angling for some whisky money.

Well it is almost the New Year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No wonder us, who stand their ground, have so much trouble.

So rather than push the chest out what is your solution for the OP and poster above (Ningnong)

Both those offices are making up their own rules.

So you do what exactly? 

Don't say ring 1178

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

There should be a route of getting her name and ID number then report her to a separate corruption department..but Thailand I know....

But it would put things on a better balance when you read this outright disgusting behaviour by this woman.

Time to call Big Joke

• Like 1
  • Haha 1