Non O spousal Visa Qestion

I have questions about the 90 day spousal visa. 

My situation is as follows. I am married to a Thai woman. Currently in Thailand. I could not get the 1 year marriage visa based on I do not have 400,000 baht in a thai bank . I qualified for the 40,000 baht per month, however the US and other embassies are no longer certifying income.

Is it true that I can do border runs and get 90 day spousal visas? I was told I could by Siam Legal. They also said there was no limit. And it would give me time to aquire the 400,000 baht needed. They were vague. I've tried to find information but it's all very confusing and hard to get straight answeres. ????.

The Immigration office in Ayutthaya was of no help and made some offers that sounded on the sketchy side.

Siam just said make an appointment at the thai embassy in Loa or Cambodia, and any spouse legally married to a thai national can get a 90 day visa. 

Has anyone done this or can get me going in the right direction. My current visa is good till Feb 4, 2023

Any help would be much appreciated 

The consulate in Savanakhet laos will issue 12 month multi entry Non Imm O Visa.

90 days each entry.

Money in the bank not needed.

If you wish to do the 40,000 Monthly income at Immigration you need to show 12 months of deposits into your Thai bank.

• Like 1

Believe there are two recommended Royal Thai Consulates that can issue single or multi non immigrant O visas based on marriage to a Thai.  Savannakhet in Laos and HCM city in Vietnam.  Believe HCM now requires appointment in advance (should be info on web site).  Will require marriage proof and note from wife asking that visa be issued to allow you to visit her.  HCM also requires payment in USD.

Edit:  the multi entry allows up to 90 day stays - then you must exit/return for a new 90 day stay.  If planning to live here should look to getting 400k into bank account.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

The consulate in Savanakhet laos will issue 12 month multi entry Non Imm O Visa.

90 days each entry.

Money in the bank not needed.

If you wish to do the 40,000 Monthly income at Immigration you need to show 12 months of deposits into your Thai bank.

Has anything changed at the Thai office in Savannaket office? Anything that needs to be done online at their office before arriving?

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe HCM now requires appointment in advance (should be info on web site). 

It does require appointment and read a recent report that there was a (not insignificant) wait time.

Folk might need to plan. 

• Like 1

Thanks very much for responding everyone. I was starting to feel very alone  I'm glad I found this forum 

My wife and I are just going to make a week trip out of it, and do mini-vacations every 3 months till we get the bank account requirements saved up.

Again thanks very much

• Thumbs Up 1