I Love Isan

hank69

I agree with nidge, how can you say that about somewhere, or maybe your GF has just come a croper with some nasty bars girls...and as if Pattaya is Isaan anyways. Isaan is a huge area, can you put that down to a couple of bad girls? Maybe she does not want you to meet some sexy, gentle natured beauties!

:D

I never thought of that, perhaps you should stay away from issan. It might make you very unpopular with your current GF :o

Isaan?

My GF says the peeps that come to Pattaya from there are a lazy, nasty, dishonest lot, and they will kill you as soon as look at you!

Don't blame me. She said it.........Have to add however that she is not often wrong.

:o:D:D

Where's your GF from???

However I must admit there is a lot of them like that, and lot are highly volatile!!! But a pattas girl, hmm? Good choice, oh by the way is she a cashier? :D

Edited by johnsurin

Isaan?

My GF says the peeps that come to Pattaya from there are a lazy, nasty, dishonest lot, and they will kill you as soon as look at you!

Don't blame me. She said it.........Have to add however that she is not often wrong.

:o:D:D

Where's your GF from???

However I must admit there is a lot of them like that, and lot are highly volatile!!! But a pattas girl, hmm? Good choice, oh by the way is she a cashier? :D

If not, then the she most likely came in with the morning bus, and met him on her first night :D

Soooooorry Isaan Lovers.

(My GF comes from Chanterbury incidentally.)

But, if the Isannites are SOoooooo Loooooovely, Why are they hated so? And they are here in Pattaya.

Look! Of Bluddy course they aren't all the same, good or bad.....I know that. OK?

However, there's no Smoke without Fire.........

Soooooorry Isaan Lovers.

But, if the Isannites are SOoooooo Loooooovely, Why are they hated so? And they are here in Pattaya.

Look! Of Bluddy course they aren't all the same, good or bad.....I know that. OK?

hi isan people it hank again,

been so busy on the farm and stuff havent had time 2 write.

well got the 2 wheel tractor mastered now, been turning land over and even drove the family home 2night!

on this forum you like 2 talk about food! no i havent tryed rat yet but am told that the rat is best at harvest time (nice and fat) the other day i had a little snake but was told it was over cooked ( was chuwie) the bit of cow i cooked went down well, but have 2 say that the spicy uncooked cow was better! dog!!! no i havent tryed (nor will!!!) but did have a chat with the bucked man, hes crazy for the dogs!!

isan is sooo beautiful i think that in a few visits i could really like it here! and the people are soo nice ( i get the feeling that they think im ok, but my thai is not that perfect!)

the other day we had a drive around (in car ) and had a look around some of the bigger towns, loads of westerners but not many my age (many old) but seemed 2 bee well received here and there. like i said people seem 2 be really nice!

not sure what im upto in the nesxt week or so, have been looking at going abroad some where close, but we have 2 talk about this.

any way all you lukcky isan people have fun fun fun! ohhh yes, i had a "chill pill" before writing 2day (snd not so much whisky, but what a holiday for!!!!)

hank.

oh yes im in village near bang doung???

Would that be Ban Dung by any chance? .... about 40km north of Udon Thani, just round the corner from Ban Non Sa Wang. Many rice and cow and whisky, fun fun fun ha ha.

I know it well, I was married to half the village once, crazy.

(how did I miss this thread when it started, oh yes, face down in a gutter in Patts for four days, more crazy. instant crazy, just add chang, love to all)

well got the 2 wheel tractor mastered now, been turning land over and even drove the family home 2night!

It seems as if Hank is slipping into the Isaan way of life just perfectly.

:o

Chok dee lie der.

Soooooorry Isaan Lovers.

I didn't realise that they are hated, if they are it is probably because they are treated like scum by the rest of Thailand and yet they still have the audacity to venture south and take those farangs back to the Nth East.

Those poor old farangs end up taking a liking to the place and the people..like me :D

How it must piss off the local girls watching the beautiful girls from Issan come in and actually score while they watch with scorn.

Where there is smoke there is fire? 20 million Issanites.....of course there will be a bit of smoke but the number of working girls represents a tiny fraction of the population.

I'll tell you where you will find a larger representation of Issanites...working in the sweat shops and factories that keep the Thai economy turning. All for a paltry wage and a trip home once every one or two years. My wife sent our wedding photo to the old factory she worked in and it is still pinned up on the notice board she tells me. Some girls actually cried when they saw it...sure this sounds bizarre to us but may show you how desperatly some of these girls want to escape that life.

My wife worked there for 8 years before taking the plunge and heading to Phuket to find herself ...well, me :o

The best thing you could do is take a road trip (without the GF) and see for yourself. I think you GF is probably putting the fear into you. A bit like telling kids there is a monster lurking in the woods..purely to scare them into not going there.

Khun Andy

Edit: Spelling

Edited by khunandy

How it must piss off the local girls watching the beautiful girls from Issan come in and actually score while they watch with scorn.

That reminded me of a comment from a bangkok girl. I showed her this picture of my wife, (girlfriend at the time),

post-48222-1183540483_thumb.jpg

she looked and said why you like ugly issan girl whenyou can have girl like me?

Thai mentality.... Flat nose = ugly, Dark skin = ugly, parents are farmers = stupid and ugly

Their loss is my gain. :o

That reminded me of a comment from a bangkok girl. I showed her this picture of my wife, (girlfriend at the time),

post-48222-1183540483_thumb.jpg

she looked and said why you like ugly issan girl whenyou can have girl like me?

Thai mentality.... Flat nose = ugly, Dark skin = ugly, parents are farmers = stupid and ugly

Their loss is my gain. :o

Could not agree more. Your wife is beautiful as is mine.

Issaan people are the most lovely in Thailand

Edited by Lite Beer

Hank - If you think you are having the best time of your life watching the rain, killing pigs and cows, and drinking the local rice whiskey ask your friend to take you to a Mor Lum concert. Let us know what you think. btw this forum might help if you need advice on buying land, building a house, or getting a marriage visa.

Edited by roietjimmy

Soooooorry Isaan Lovers.

I didn't realise that they are hated, if they are it is probably because they are treated like scum by the rest of Thailand and yet they still have the audacity to venture south and take those farangs back to the Nth East.

Those poor old farangs end up taking a liking to the place and the people..like me :D

Where there is smoke there is fire? 20 million Issanites.....of course there will be a bit of smoke but the number of working girls represents a tiny fraction of the population.

I'll tell you where you will find a larger representation of Issanites...working in the sweat shops and factories that keep the Thai economy turning. All for a paltry wage and a trip home once every one or two years. My wife sent our wedding photo to the old factory she worked in and it is still pinned up on the notice board she tells me. Some girls actually cried when they saw it...sure this sounds bizarre to us but may show you how desperatly some of these girls want to escape that life.

My wife worked there for 8 years before taking the plunge and heading to Phuket to find herself ...well, me :o

The best thing you could do is take a road trip (without the GF) and see for yourself. I think you GF is probably putting the fear into you. A bit like telling kids there is a monster lurking in the woods..purely to scare them into not going there.

Khun Andy

Edit: Spelling

Khun Andy,

Right on the mark! Most of the non-Issan women I have known have this deep seated fear their man will run off with a woman from Issan. Could it be they know most Issan women are hard working, sincere and really know how to take care of their man!

Roiet Jimmy