400 Russian Tourists Arrive in Rayong, Welcomed with Water Cannon Salute

webfact

9 minutes ago, tomyami said:

To add to my Blood Money comment doubt if any thai journalist would risk looking into this...

So whose is returning on these flights?

those landing are pro putin west hating draft dodgers been facilitated by special immigration visas and thai banks setting up individual accounts as seen in the immigration office and any bank branch around pattaya 

I was in the bkk bank office recently it was rammed with russians opening accounts

I would suspect its mainly freight of sanctioned electronic components for Russian arms industry

Shame on you thailand

They are from the middle class. Russia is the 6th biggest economy when measured in purchasing power parity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP) The same kind of middle class tourist from anywhere else.  

I was actually surprised how many  Iranian young men I ran into in Pattaya in the 2010's. Even they have a middle class. There's only one real closed country these days. Thats North Korea. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Harsh Jones said:

They are from the middle class. Russia is the 6th biggest economy when measured in purchasing power parity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP) The same kind of middle class tourist from anywhere else.  

I was actually surprised how many  Iranian young men I ran into in Pattaya in the 2010's. Even they have a middle class. There's only one real closed country these days. Thats North Korea. 

"There's only one real closed country these days. Thats North Korea. "..... don't  be fooled. China is a closed country in that it only allows its people to do what the gov't allows them to do. People are monitored daily as are their social media accounts and movements. If they say or do the wrong thing they disappear. Sometimes never to be heard from again. It has happened to powerful men running major companies in China that the gov't wanted to reign in.

Edited by HuskerDo2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think I'm going to vomit ????      pity they weren't real cannons aimed at the plane.

These are innocent people from Russia. If the plane was filled with Govt officials including Putin I'd agree with your assessment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I never said they are all innocent but the families and the hard working fathers and mothers and innocent children who make up a large percentage of the population cannot be held accountable for Putin's nasty war. He's dying and wants his name written in the history books. That's why the war was started.

Yet your comment says something else as I pointed out. That plane likely does not contain all innocent people

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

These are innocent people from Russia. If the plane was filled with Govt officials including Putin I'd agree with your assessment. 

• Like 1