400 Russian Tourists Arrive in Rayong, Welcomed with Water Cannon Salute

webfact

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yet your comment says something else as I pointed out. That plane likely does not contain all innocent people

"That plane likely"... yes, LIKELY is the keyword. You have no idea. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. There is no way of knowing who is on the plane. 

I'm leaving this string. Too much unwarranted hatred in my opinion. Good luck all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HuskerDo2 said:

"That plane likely"... yes, LIKELY is the keyword. You have no idea. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. There is no way of knowing who is on the plane. 

I'm leaving this string. Too much unwarranted hatred in my opinion. Good luck all.

Because I am not making claims as opposed to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Hamus Yaigh said:

No one in Russia is innocent of the atrocities the Russian country is committing each day. Thais should be ashamed of themselves, but they never learn beyond the tourist dollar.

You couldn't be more wrong. If you had an uncle that killed the family next door to you when you were growing up should your entire family be held accountable? Of course not. Your argument holds no weight.

Just now, HuskerDo2 said:

"That plane likely does not contain all innocent people".....

Have a nice day Brian. I'm gone.

Likely is not a claim and you missed my full quote:

"There will be innocent people there correct and there will be some Russians who do not agree with the war in Ukraine. However this has been going on for 10 months. Most contract troops can leave of take a break after 6 months. The murderers, and convicts that Wagner recruited and continues to do so from Russian prisons also only have to fight for 6 months before getting a full pardon and going home. To say they are all innocent is stretching it."

Considering that even the notorious 64th Motorized Rifle Brigade which were the troops who entered Bucha and responsible for some of the worst atrocities are already back in Russia:

Scarred by War, Returning Russian Soldiers Struggle to Adapt to Civilian Life

Just now, Hamus Yaigh said:

Neither does yours. The attack on Ukraine is not just the work of a madman in the family, as you it, but a manifestation of an ideology and policy that the Russians have supported and funded for more than twenty years. Consequently, all Russian Federation citizens must bear responsibility for their government’s policy and be condemned for it.

"an ideology and policy that the Russians have supported and funded for more than twenty years".... of course. All the hard working fathers and mothers are also guilty of the war and funded it. The only "funding" they can be responsible for was with the taxes they paid that went to Putin.

Have you seen how many wealthy leaders of companies that opposed the war have died in Russia in the past few months? Even many of the rich who were friends of Putin have died, most likely by Putin's instruction for speaking out against the war. Just two more in the past couple of days. Always a "mysterious" death. 

I'm just saying to be careful making ALL Russians responsible for the war when it was one man and his cronies.

4 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

They are from the middle class. Russia is the 6th biggest economy when measured in purchasing power parity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP) The same kind of middle class tourist from anywhere else.  

I was actually surprised how many  Iranian young men I ran into in Pattaya in the 2010's. Even they have a middle class. There's only one real closed country these days. Thats North Korea. 

And for that reason they are being welcomed in many European countries as well.

they come with different risks am sure a couple of FSBs watching them in-case they mention WAR and a potential of being stranded, lightly to be some more controls on money leaving evilmotherrussia after they celebrate their late than us xmas.

Its understand seeing them around known the brutality shown on all media the massacre in Bucha most notable on their neighbour they are not unconnected its their army doing this.

That Boeing 737 is blacklisted airbus and boeing support included in sanctions putin stole all leased planes operating in russia as a retaliatory action. 

While you mention Iran, I see 4 airbus a300s exturkishair disappeared from South africa storage have turned up in iran.

North korea is closed but I would its people are not filled with hatred would rather if russia was closed

Jomtien immi will be busy next week

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

No one in Russia is innocent of the atrocities the Russian country is committing each day. Thais should be ashamed of themselves, but they never learn beyond the tourist dollar.

Just to add to that, I just heard the going rate for the education visa in Phuket is 60,000 baht, my young Russian neighbour ( military ) and his wife will probably head to Hua Hin in 5-6 weeks to obtain it there for 30,000 baht......well done immigration.......  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Its what the plane returns with to russia i would be more concerned, this could be a route to get electronic components ie processors for the next wave of kalibur criuse missiles to hurl at Ukraine civilians.

Accepting direct flights from russia in collaborating in putins war ok if coming from middle eastern airlines.

I hand been told in my condo building all russians have booked long stays 3months +

Condo rentals will be going through the roof soon.

10 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"an ideology and policy that the Russians have supported and funded for more than twenty years".... of course. All the hard working fathers and mothers are also guilty of the war and funded it. The only "funding" they can be responsible for was with the taxes they paid that went to Putin.

Have you seen how many wealthy leaders of companies that opposed the war have died in Russia in the past few months? Even many of the rich who were friends of Putin have died, most likely by Putin's instruction for speaking out against the war. Just two more in the past couple of days. Always a "mysterious" death. 

I'm just saying to be careful making ALL Russians responsible for the war when it was one man and his cronies.

Majority of Russians support the war and Russian imperialism nevertheless, even if the decision was made in a small circle.

• Like 1

Just now, rabang said:

Majority of Russians support the war and Russian imperialism nevertheless, even if the decision was made in a small circle.

That's obviously your "opinion" unless you've asked every single citizen in Russia personally what their feelings on the war are.  Once Putin is dead(hopefully sooner rather than later) people will feel free to voice their true feelings about things more openly. 

It is not the first time on the history then people are accused guilty not because of what they done how they behave, etc, but based by only one factor - their nationality. It was there, discrimination of people by nationality, and I still remember how it’s called. The world remains the same, even there are some “civilised” masks. Well, let it be.

Edited by VBer
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

How must you feel if you are a Ukrainian in a bomb shelter overnight with no electricity and wondering how your relatives and loved ones are and then you see this CELEBRATION of russians arriving in Thailand by the airport/provincial management?

I bet the Putin propoganda machine is showing this "support" for russia on state TV.

Fortunately most Ukrainians wont see it. But the ones stuck here in Thailand certainly will, no homes to go back to or too dangerous to return. Seeing the news with Russians being welcomed while their country and its people are being terrorized and destroyed must be awful. The Thai authorities should have had a little more thought on this. Still Ukrainians here in Phuket but the place is jammed packed now with Russians.

I agree on that Russian propaganda, its daily state TV spreading lies and conspiracies has an effect. Such as this wife of a Russian fighting in Ukraine in an intercepted phone call.

Russian Soldier And Wife Discussing Rape Of Ukrainian Women Identified By RFE/RL

The identities of a Russian soldier and his wife who discussed the rape of Ukrainian women in a phone call have been revealed following an investigation by RFE/RL.

The investigation found that Roman Bykovsky, 27, and his wife, Olga Bykovskaya, whose maiden name is Pinyasovaya, were the couple behind the shocking call that has fed fears of mass rape of Ukrainian women by Russian soldiers.

During the call, which Ukrainian law enforcement bodies in the Kherson region in the country’s south said they intercepted before publishing it earlier this month, a woman can be heard giving permission to a man to rape Ukrainian women.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-rape-russian-soldier-wife-bykovsky/31805486.html

8 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

That's obviously your "opinion" unless you've asked every single citizen in Russia personally what their feelings on the war are.  Once Putin is dead(hopefully sooner rather than later) people will feel free to voice their true feelings about things more openly. 

it is not just "my opinion". Although official numbers from Russia can not be trusted, many independent surveys and credible estimates indicate that a majority or at least a very large proportion of Russians support the war and Russian imperialism, especially those that rely on the state television propaganda. I recommend to watch the Youtube channel 1420 by Daniil Orain to get an authentic impression of their opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how people who write "all are guilty" and "all are innocent" even manage to command their lungs to breathe with just their binary system of neurons...

anyway, the salute of the arrival of the Russians is a disgrace for Thailand.

this damages Thailand's image. disgusting !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

looks like the welcome could be short lived.

https://kyivindependent.com/national/reznikov-tells-russians-they-have-one-week-left-before-borders-close

Worth noting ORCs celebrate xmas newyear 2 weeks after the normal world so if they close borders as speculated will they be stranded and a liability/headache where they stay?

Edited by tomyami
  • Haha 1

Will Ukranian visitors get a water cannon shower as well?  Then will the first charter flight with Chinese visitors get two water cannon showers? At least LOS is honest with it's actions: $$$$$$$$$ and $$$$$$.  No mixed message here in "paradise".  Come one and come all, just spend your money here.  This understandable and if I was a local I would welcome Russian visitors with a smile and open arms.  

On 12/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, HuskerDo2 said:

Once Putin is dead(hopefully sooner rather than later) people will feel free to voice their true feelings about things more openly. 

So there goes what credibility any of your points held. Once Pootin has evaporated, there is an entire country to rid of its hideous doctrine. You think one cancer ridden old codger snuffing it will solve that? Thailand can hang its TAT head in shame at the current tourists welcome. Brings to mind the acceptance of the Japanese during the early stages of WW2. Thailand was known as the Italy of the Orient back then, or as they called themselves 'neutral'.

• Thumbs Up 1