Bank of Thailand comes out to update on Thai economic recovery momentum, says situation improves on all fronts

webfact

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it gobbledegook.

I understood it and I can assure you it is. In simple English:

The situation is still not great but it's improving because some tourists arrived. If more would come, things will get better still.

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it gobbledegook.

Well if it was for 2013 then it is gobblygook

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

BoT came out to reveal that the economic and monetary conditions in November 2013 that the Thai economy was still in a recovery direction

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

If you can understand it, it can't be gobbledygook ????

I didn't claim any factual accuracy.......

"language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense".

noun: gobbledygook; noun: gobbledegook

Indeed.

That article wasn't.

The absence of English language proficiency and any proof reading, combined with excessive use of vague broad brush terms, renders the article virtually unreadable. What is a "recovery direction" for goodness sake? And why is everyone suddenly "coming out", were they all in the closet previously?  But this is the best one, "She said that seasonally adjusted number of foreign tourists increased from the previous month from many nationalities especially Europe and the United States". Good grief, it's an English language paper, intended for an English speaking audience! If those things aren't meaningless gibberish, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

The absence of English language proficiency and any proof reading, combined with excessive use of vague broad brush terms, renders the article virtually unreadable. What is a "recovery direction" for goodness sake? And why is everyone suddenly "coming out", were they all in the closet previously?  But this is the best one, "She said that seasonally adjusted number of foreign tourists increased from the previous month from many nationalities especially Europe and the United States". Good grief, it's an English language paper, intended for an English speaking audience! If those things aren't meaningless gibberish, I don't know what is.

Was that sarcasm?

The appalling standard of journalism is also well known, buy it is not too much of a cerebral challenge to decipher the article.... It does seem to be beyond some readers though.

( That was also sarcasm)

Was that sarcasm?

The appalling standard of journalism is also well known, buy it is not too much of a cerebral challenge to decipher the article.... It does seem to be beyond some readers though.

( That was also sarcasm)

If yours was, so was mine!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

??????????????????????????????? Complete gobbledegook!

It meant not to make any sense, so to stop people from asking questions and looking stupid.. or, otherwise people will ask questions, infect, I'm not so sure they themselves know what da hell they're talking about...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

It meant not to make any sense, so to stop people from asking questions and looking stupid.. or, otherwise people will ask questions, infect, I'm not so sure they themselves know what da hell they're talking about...

Economics forecasters and News Weather reporters have much in common, they both speak in their own coded language that is apart from what the rest of the population has learned at school. As viewers, all we want to know is whether or not it's going to rain today where we live. Instead of a short yes no or maybe answer, what we get is that an area of low pressure is forming over the Irish Sea with dense cumulonimbus forming at 3,000 feet, blink, blink, and he keeps a straight face when he's saying it! 

BTW, I am vindicated via the link below, apparently, it's not just BOT, all Central Banks talk in the same way, it's a global problem that nobody understands what they are talking about:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-37551625