Loud music good or bad

yeahbutif

On 1/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, yeahbutif said:

I googled why some people like too play their music so loud everyone has to hear their tastes. It comes up with people who need attention as they not got any when they were child.

I don't believe you.  When I searched, the results show many results that explain, psychologically/physiologically, why listening to loud music is pleasurable.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I Googled "Why don't people like music being played loud" I was surprised to find it's a medical condition.

It is a classic symptom of early onset "Papaitis".  In later stages people with the condition are heard to mutter "Surely you're not going out dressed like that!" and shouting "Keep off the grass!". 

If not caught and treated in it's early stages it soon develops into full-blown "Whinging wrinkleyitis" where sufferers continually complain about everything under the sun and the vast majority of their statements start with "In my day..." or "Back in the day..." or similar while glaring at/lambasting a certain cohort. In lucid moments they sometimes realise that they have in fact "turned into their parents" and often you can detect their eyes tearing up as they lament their lost youth.

On 1/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, yeahbutif said:

I googled why some people like too play their music so loud everyone has to hear their tastes.

A major problem of our time. Done by ignorant and antisocial <deleted> that should be locked up, IMO.

Most advanced version of humanity in 50,000 years and populated by <deleted>. If that's the best we can expect for the future, I'm happy to be not long till my ending.

I don't envy those to come after me.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:48 AM, BangkokReady said:

I don't believe you.  When I searched, the results show many results that explain, psychologically/physiologically, why listening to loud music is pleasurable.

Only to the <deleted> that are playing it. Not to anyone forced to listen to it, unless it's a concert that they choose to be at.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Done by ignorant and antisocial <deleted> that should be locked up, IMO.

I am neither ignorant or antisocial - and I love loud music.

But then it may be a result of not being namby pamby, ancient in outlook if not in years, a citizen, nor do I endlessly dwell - and comment - on things that have happened in my life 20 years ago but need rehashing all the time. "Oh Woe is Me" kind of thing.

Get over it, Get on with it, quit P and M

The loud music is likely to be:

At homes: new housewarming party, wedding, funeral. The richer, more esteemed, more well known the people are, the louder and longer it'll last, sometimes a week.

In parks: municipal exercise program, holiday event, corporate sponsored (e.g., beer) event.

One of my first jobs was teaching at a thesaban (municipal) school. The boss lady at city hall often called this farang in to help with translations, notices, and, heh, answering lovely letters from the newly arrived farang community. They often complained about the loud music. I simply told them to enjoy this portion of the wonderful cultural journey they embarked upon, one of many that'd be sure to come, here in Amazing Thailand™.

Well,there is loud music and there is noise.

I can handle loud music ,if the sound quality is good.

There are only a few places where they have good sound,a few gogo bars i know off.

I used to go there just to listen because the views were not that great.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:22 PM, seedy said:

I am neither ignorant or antisocial - and I love loud music.

But then it may be a result of not being namby pamby, ancient in outlook if not in years, a citizen, nor do I endlessly dwell - and comment - on things that have happened in my life 20 years ago but need rehashing all the time. "Oh Woe is Me" kind of thing.

Get over it, Get on with it, quit P and M

If anyone is playing music so loudly it annoys other people, then they are antisocial- that's obvious.

No one has a right to upset other people.

By all means play it as loud as you like if it doesn't annoy others.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you have any favorite music which you like to hear loud?

Personally, I think there is lots of such music. Most of the time I don't hear it loud because I don't want to annoy the neighbors. But if I would have a house somewhere far away from anybody, I would definitely turn up the volume from time to time.

This is one of those performances which can't really be played too loud:

Here ya go. This is listenable, watchable, and deserves max volume. Stay clear of the fingernails.