GOP dilemma: If not McCarthy, then who?

Scott

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'd say extreme liberal not anti American for most part.

Moving the goal posts? Non Americans are extreme liberal? I don't think so. Me, yes, absolutely. An attitude I picked up during the Vietnam war.

Edited by ozimoron

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Moving the goal posts? Non Americans are extreme liberal? I don't think so. Me, yes, absolutely. An attitude I picked up during the Vietnam war.

I didn't move the goal post, you simply took it the wrong way.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

A Trump supporter who imagines he speaks for all Americans. Bizarre.

Personally I see every non-American DT supporter as anti-US.  No good has come due to him.  However, if he succeeds in destroying the Republican Party and himself that could be deemed a Good Thing.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, ozimoron said:

This good news for dems. Normal people will be repulsed by these whack jobs.

No matter who is speaker, 'extreme MAGA types' now control the House: analyst

According to an analysis by CNN's Ronald Brownstein, whether current House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) wins his uphill battle to be the Speaker of the Republican-majority House or not, notice has been given by the far-right members of his caucus that they will dictate what goes on the chamber no matter who holds the gavel.

https://www.rawstory.com/kevin-mccarthy-gop-revolt-2659059056/

It's bad news for the county.  A dysfunctional House controlled by MAGA nutjobs can bring government to a standstill and prevent budgets and appropriations from passing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

It's bad news for the county.  A dysfunctional House controlled by MAGA nutjobs can bring government to a standstill and prevent budgets and appropriations from passing. 

That's going to happen anyway. The Republicans are the party of no.

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's going to happen anyway. The Republicans are the party of no.

Unfortunately I think you're correct.  The MAGA base, and many of those they elect, don't understand that government is never perfect but is always necessary. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe a few half-decent GOP politicians can make a deal with the DEMs and vote for someone who opposes Trump and his supporters. They should have the number of votes required. Do it!

Only if they want to be ostracized for doing so. Political suicide IMO.

I doubt any choice will succeed unless the holdouts get what they want. I doubt it is anti McCarthy per se, and when they get what they want he will be elected.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only if they want to be ostracized for doing so. Political suicide IMO.

I doubt any choice will succeed unless the holdouts get what they want. I doubt it is anti McCarthy per se, and when they get what they want he will be elected.

It seems "my version" is now a real possibility.

I just read that attempt #8 failed. What was that definition of insanity again?

1 hour ago, Credo said:

I am surprised he is screaming voter fraud.   

Give him time lmao ???? rite now he’s having a snit then comes a sulk then the tantrum and then the lashing out and finally playing the victim poor Donnie 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fred Upton!

What a great idea.

It's too sensible of course so won't happen.

'A good deal for America': Robert Reich offers Dems a way to undermine GOP power during House speaker war - Alternet.org

Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Robert Reich is attempting to appeal to Democratic lawmakers as House Republicans continue their public quarrel over Rep. Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) bid for Speaker of the House.

Days have passed and the Republican majority is still unable to unify when it comes to making a decision about the top-ranking decision. Now, Reich is offering a word of advice to Democrats.

• Like 2