Driver lic renewal bkk. 2 year to 5.

RoyLee

My 2 year temp license expired last year. I've always waited up to 12 months after my temp dl expired to renew (but tbh those were 1 year licences iirc.).  Hoping to get 5 year as I have retirement visa now.

1. Is there no longer a grace period for temp dl?

2. Can I go to any land transport office in bkk? I'm in Minburi.  

I was in a similar situation, had to watch a 2 hour video not realising I would be tested. If u need to do that also u better pay attention cuz u need 90% to pass. There were 5 other thais that watched it with me, we all failed the first test, most failed the second test including me. Passed on the fourth attempt, but just. Translations are nonsensical in many questions. 

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Does anyone have a link to online modules for 5 year license test..

As I understand it you can do the test (or part of the test) online prior to attending for actual DTL renewal. 

AFIK  and i could easily be wrong there isn't usually a test for a renewal. So this maybe a DLT office specific one, or a new requirement. Certainly here in Udon I haven't heard of it being required.

After obtaining my initial licences, I've renewed my temp dl 3 X, always late into the grace period. Only had to write a test (and road test motorcycle) for the initial licence.  I expect to only do the eye, reaction test etc as usual this time as well.

Ps. I have never watched a video!

Edited by RoyLee
Ps