Manual of Honda Click 160i ABS available in English?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Original tyres are fine, maybe unless racing round a track?

no racing but I like to make sure they are better then the ones on my previous 150 that started to have cracks after  1 year, visited the dealer and they said "" it's normal, Thailand weather/sunshine/dry and tires from Vietnam.... "" glad I changed to Michelin that lasted 2 more years and soft/comfortable handling

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

no racing but I like to make sure they are better then the ones on my previous 150 that started to have cracks after  1 year, visited the dealer and they said "" it's normal, Thailand weather/sunshine/dry and tires from Vietnam.... "" glad I changed to Michelin that lasted 2 more years and soft/comfortable handling

Tyres are good, only done 200km the last week but no issues, change them if you do have issues, no point before

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

received mine today and vhohowwww what a great bike, soft/comfy/smooth riding, easy handling, brakes (got the ABS model) spot on, for me (others may disagree) it's a top notch bike, compared to my previous 150I it's day and night, no comparison, worth the money

Yeah, its good value, enjoy.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, Broken Record said:

Windshield came and it was attached to a bar between mirrors, cheers.

40653C92-A937-40CA-8034-8F218E634849_1_102_o.jpeg

1F3CDD74-2AC5-4BF5-8E0A-F73CD6FEA2E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Superb mate,, looks the muts nuts,,, yours  is sitting higher than mine probably due to the bar, I bought one but it was to big????, nevermind ,  yours looks better, ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, Mavideol said:

received mine today and vhohowwww what a great bike, soft/comfy/smooth riding, easy handling, brakes (got the ABS model) spot on, for me (others may disagree) it's a top notch bike, compared to my previous 150I it's day and night, no comparison, worth the money

CBS brakes are good,  sometimes experienced rider don't like ABS unless it's Honda's IMU system.

Standard ABS will straighten you up at fast corners. 

I disconnected it on my Versys 650.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i have the non ABS standard model which is totally fine, but for newbies i can understand why they may go for ABS or just practice not grabbing the front brake in an emergency braking situation

Your right up to a point what bothers me is people saying I've got the ABS model thinking it's better and it is up to a point.

That's where proper training comes in.

You shouldn't get use to grabbing the brake hard no matter what system you have.  

Practice is essential in knowing how hard you can grab the brake and ABS is a useful tool for doing that for learners. 

Learning the limitations of the bike you ride and the limitations of you as a rider whatever bike you ride is essential. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Your right up to a point what bothers me is people saying I've got the ABS model thinking it's better and it is up to a point.

That's where proper training comes in.

You shouldn't get use to grabbing the brake hard no matter what system you have.  

Practice is essential in knowing how hard you can grab the brake and ABS is a useful tool for doing that for learners. 

Learning the limitations of the bike you ride and the limitations of you as a rider whatever bike you ride is essential. 

i can see people grabbing the front brake to the max if they think they will hit the vehicle in front, which means the bike gets dropped if it isn't ABS, remember they only have fractions of a second to think what to do

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i can see people grabbing the front brake to the max if they think they will hit the vehicle in front, which means the bike gets dropped if it isn't ABS, remember they only have fractions of a second to think what to do

Yes no proper training in braking and if they make a mistake entering a corner too fast without IMU system grabbing the brake will sit them up and drift them over to the wrong side of the road. 

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

CBS brakes are good,  sometimes experienced rider don't like ABS unless it's Honda's IMU system.

Standard ABS will straighten you up at fast corners. 

I disconnected it on my Versys 650.

I got what they had available at the shop, if picky on color and/or model would have to wait for 3-4 weeks

Edited by Mavideol

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I got what they had available at the shop, if picky on color and/or model would have to wait for 3-4 weeks

No matter as long as you get to know your scooters capability and your limitations fine.

Enjoy and ride to live. 

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, the abs version of the click 160 has disc break in the rear, (Witch is better then drum break) and

in the front the disc is alot bigger then the disc on the non abs version.. The caliper may be diffrent too, i can not say for sure, but it has a diffrent color then the non abs version.

I can not say for the click 160 non abs version, but i did have the click 150, and the breaks was not good. (Non abs and drum in the rear)   Now i own a adv 150, (abs in front and disc in the rear) And the breaks are night and day compare to the click 150..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ketilnm said:

The thing is, the abs version of the click 160 has disc break in the rear, (Witch is better then drum break) and

in the front the disc is alot bigger then the disc on the non abs version.. The caliper may be diffrent too, i can not say for sure, but it has a diffrent color then the non abs version.

I can not say for the click 160 non abs version, but i did have the click 150, and the breaks was not good. (Non abs and drum in the rear)   Now i own a adv 150, (abs in front and disc in the rear) And the breaks are night and day compare to the click 150..

Brakes are fine on the 160 standard

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

not of course, they've chosen to make the under seat storage slightly smaller or different but haven't declared it

And the under seat storage gets hot as hell because of the bigger engine, so I wouldn't put any food inside (unless I want to keep it hot lol).

On 1/4/2023 at 5:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually if you do a google search you'll find a copy. That's where i got my 125i from.

BTW, how much did you pay? do you know how much registration was?

I paid 72000 baht for a 160 abs click registered late last year 

On 1/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, Mavideol said:

Reckon the 150 had a bit more poke. The extra CCs on the 160 was to make up for loss of power due to emissions control apparently. 
But yeah great bike. Only annoyance I find is the lack of dampening on front end. Feels like a 1950s Cub over small bumps lol. And yes pressures reduced from the standard showroom 100,000PSI ????

Perhaps the Michelins would help….

1 hour ago, indyo said:

I bought it directly from honda when I collected the motorcycle, they need to add its code to the motorcycle.

ah so they don't use the existing fob code number but link new fob number to bike? makes me wonder what the code tag is they give you

how much?

Edited by scubascuba3