Non IMM "O" to extension to stay based on marriage

Hi

I am presently on Non Imm "O" with intension to get extension to stay based on marriage

My current 90 days expites on 10th feb 2023.

Having checked templates here, I think I need to complete a TM 7 together with a Bank letter plus pictures of me and wife and daughter in and around house. Plus a map to house.

I reported to Chaiyaphum Immigration a few days after arrival to register at our house address.

I have read that I should apply for extension anywhere from 30 days before current expiry with the latest being 14 days prior. ie on or abour 27th jan.

I have  a slight issue. I have the 400k baht in my new account, however, due to some issues getting the money released in Aust and getting it sent to my new account in Chaiyaphum, the balance didnt get to 400k until 7th december which means the 60 days doesnt occur until either 4th or 5th Feb depending how they count the days.

My question I guess is this...do I need to wait until after the 60 days (ie 5th Feb) to apply or can I apply in the final week of Jan and the 60days expires during the processing of the application.

Thanks for any advice you are able to offer

cheers

Don

10 minutes ago, wondra said:

I think I need to complete a TM 7 together with a Bank letter plus pictures of me and wife and daughter in and around house.

Sorry I can't help with your main question, but you may have to show your daughter's birth certificate at the IO. I have 3 kids and every year I have to show theirs. Might save you an unexpected visa refusal journey. I use Buriram IO.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's two months before the day you apply (not 60 days), so you won't be able to apply until the 7th of February.

Just to add; there is no requirement to apply a minimum of two weeks before, but it's advised to do so in case you have problems with paperwork etc. In your case that will not be possible

Edited by Sophon
  • Thumbs Up 1

May have changed but here is my old checklist

About the bank yes I believe for 1st ext based on marriage you need the 60 day seasoning

Renew up to 30 days before

TM-7 with Passport size photos 

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything. Including bank book all pages & bank balance paper

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.
Edited by mania
  • Thumbs Up 1