Land border vaccine requirement

I'm in a similar situation but have left Thailand already a couple of days ago to Malaysia. I have flight booked to return on the 9th, but view that as unlikely to happen now, as the restrictions could well be in place by or before then. I could try a land crossing tomorrow if possible, but it would be good to hear from anyone who has entered Thailand today, to clarify if they were asked to prove vaccinations etc for entry.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Bad timing I'm afraid, restrictions kick in on the 9th. No chance to bring it forward to tomorrow?

Seems like the news articles on this so far have specified that the restrictions are for travelers arriving by air.  I haven't seen anyone addressing land borders yet.

10 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

Seems like the news articles on this so far have specified that the restrictions are for travelers arriving by air.  I haven't seen anyone addressing land borders yet.

Yes, land borders not mentioned, no doubt we'll hear from people doing border crossings next week, who knows what will happen. The guy I replied to has a flight booked for the 9th back from KL, personally, I'd bring it forward if I could to avoid the hassle.

Edited by Salerno

11 hours ago, anymajordude said:

Is it safe to assume land borders will impliment same policy on 9th?

2 hours ago, Sambo5000 said:

It looks like immigration officers will not check the requirements, but leave that to the airlines to check documents prior to boarding. 

So for the moment it's just for travellers coming in by air, i guess

3 hours ago, Sambo5000 said:

It's probably better to err on the side of caution. Last year they checked vaccination certificates at land borders, so it could very well happen. It might even be enforced inconsistently.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was reported by a backpacker couple, on a facebook page. they were asked for proof of vaccine at Nongkai bridge crossing last Saturday, days before any of this was supposed to be in effect. 
Meanwhile Anutin has just said nevermind, hard U Turn, no proof of covid vaccinations needed. Still that might change by the end of the day, ha, LOL at LOS.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1