Manhunt On For French Gunman

george

Manhunt on for French gunman

CHON BURI: -- A Thai woman and her Italian former husband were arrested yesterday for planning the murder of a retired German policeman in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district, and police are hunting for a Frenchman alleged to have acted as the gunman.

The woman, Rungnapa Sri-det, 32, was also previously married to the victim, 63-year-old Heinrich Hermann Friedrich, who was gunned down in front of his house on Monday.

Rungnapa reportedly confessed to police shortly after the murder that she and her ex-husband Fernando Nardini, 49, had planned the murder for a French gunman and two Thai men to carry out.

The motive was reportedly Rungnapa's bid to take possession of a Bt5-million house that Friedrich had bought in her name. She had filed a lawsuit to take possession of the house following their separation two years ago.

Police arrested Rungnapa and Nardini at 00.10am yesterday and charged them with murdering Friedrich and possessing an unlicensed gun, said Chon Buri police deputy commander Colonel Pairat Supasawat, who headed the investigation.

After being questioned separately for six hours, Rungnapa and Nardini both confessed that they were involved in the murder and that a French gunman, identified only as Marc, had shot Friedrich, he said.

Police raided Marc's condominium in Pattaya yesterday but found he had already gone. A witness said he had moved out in a hurry on Wednesday evening.

Nardini reportedly told police that he had planned the murder and offered Marc, a 53-year-old fugitive criminal, Bt1 million to carry it out.

-- The Nation 2007-06-30

Not surprising.

An explosive cocktail : thai hookers+ farang scum .

Police arrested Rungnapa and Nardini at 00.10am yesterday and charged them with murdering Friedrich and possessing an unlicensed gun, said Chon Buri police deputy commander Colonel Pairat Supasawat, who headed the investigation.

After being questioned separately for six hours, Rungnapa and Nardini both confessed that they were involved in the murder and that a French gunman, identified only as Marc, had shot Friedrich, he said.

Police raided Marc's condominium in Pattaya yesterday but found he had already gone. A witness said he had moved out in a hurry on Wednesday evening.

Nardini reportedly told police that he had planned the murder and offered Marc, a 53-year-old fugitive criminal, Bt1 million to carry it out.

-- The Nation 2007-06-30

Very sad indeed. Farang retires, gets house, ex-wife and farang BF put a contract on him which was successful,farang hit man gets away, All this mess over a 5 million baht house.

Ex-wife and BF will have some quality housing now.

:o

Not a proponent of the death penalty, but for scum like this slapper and her thickhead ex-hubby . . . I wonder if he ever thought about what she'll do to him if she doesn't get what she wants from him . . .

Yup, hangman would be appropriate

Why would anyone pay a farang 1 million baht when a Thai will do it for considerably less? Very odd.

Pro-wah farang ying gaeng?

Reminds me of the old joke about "Who shot Mussolini?"

Answer: "One thousand Italian sharpshooters".

Or maybe Thai wifey just wants to finger Marc for something else she's pissed about? Kind of like killing two birds with one stone. You're right SBK - doesn't make any sense at all. :o

Probably one of those mercenary types (french foreign legion wannabe's) & the thai woman didn't have any other contacts. I wonder if he was paid in advance?

Just a note: A gold shop owner, his wife & son were shot dead where I live last year. (Vendetta not robbery) The police caught the perpertrators twelve hours later after they traced the registration of the getaway bike which broke down 500m from the scene of the crime. They were paid 1 mil baht per person, 3mil in total for the crime. Stupidly the instigator had electronically transfered the money into the assassin's bank account & got caught red-handed as well.

Soundman.

This is the first time I have posted on this forum and under very sad circumstances indeed.

The murder victim was a close personal friend of mine and words can not possibly reflect my feelings and confusion at what has just transpired. I am also saddened by the extraordinary disrespect shown by some of those commenting on this tragedy with accusations about hookers, corrupt policeman, Ferrari cars, similarity to Thaksin.... Unbelievable!

Heine, as he was known to his closer friends, was a highly respected retired German policeman and not as some are now insinuating a wealthy corrupt Thaksin type figure. He was not "loaded" and where the Ferarri story originates from I simply can't imagine. He was not married to the woman responsible for his death and he did have a 30 year lease on the property which was the motive behind this shocking chain of events. He leaves behind him a very distraught son in Germany who I have just spoken to, please show some respect.

I am very sorry to hear of this trajedy. My sincere condolences to his son and friends.

Having said that please forgive me for saying that in Thailand you have to cover your Heine!

Edited by philliphn

That is way too much to pay.

A local hood would have done the job for 50-100K baht. :o

Poor Mr German man RIP.

I am astonished at peoples insight into the relationships of others. I don't recall seeing anything about the wife (or not) being a bargirl. I think it would be a good thing if everyone stopped posting prurient suppositions about what has happened. A close friend of the victim has already found this and posted about how upset the victims son is. Imagine if it degenerates further and the son found it. A bit of respect for the dead wouldn't go amiss.

This is the first time I have posted on this forum and under very sad circumstances indeed.

The murder victim was a close personal friend of mine and words can not possibly reflect my feelings and confusion at what has just transpired. I am also saddened by the extraordinary disrespect shown by some of those commenting on this tragedy with accusations about hookers, corrupt policeman, Ferrari cars, similarity to Thaksin.... Unbelievable!

Heine, as he was known to his closer friends, was a highly respected retired German policeman and not as some are now insinuating a wealthy corrupt Thaksin type figure. He was not "loaded" and where the Ferarri story originates from I simply can't imagine. He was not married to the woman responsible for his death and he did have a 30 year lease on the property which was the motive behind this shocking chain of events. He leaves behind him a very distraught son in Germany who I have just spoken to, please show some respect.

Thank you for shedding light on this tragedy and condolences. We often try to find humor in these postings and go too far. Sorry for any offense.

Thank you for shedding light on this tragedy and condolences. We often try to find humor in these postings and go too far. Sorry for any offense.

:o well done..

Sorry for your friend but don't try to fool us please.

Why would a 32 year old girl marry a 63 year old man, if not for the money.

And I am sorry , but in Pattaya 90% of he women are or have been hookers.A hard fact of life in pattaya that cannot be denied.

And your source for this is....?

Why would anyone pay a farang 1 million baht when a Thai will do it for considerably less? Very odd.

Pro-wah farang ying gaeng?

Reminds me of the old joke about "Who shot Mussolini?"

Answer: "One thousand Italian sharpshooters".

Or maybe Thai wifey just wants to finger Marc for something else she's pissed about? Kind of like killing two birds with one stone. You're right SBK - doesn't make any sense at all. :o

I think I am with you on this one, ex hubby gets it and she gets her own back on the ex ex. Even if they let him go eventually he is not going to have a pleasant few months ahead of him! Thai newspapers reporting they have little evidence on him other than her say so. No confession. :D