New Road Enforcement Takes Effect January 9

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Highway Police Division commander Maj-General Ekkarat Limsangkat, the new point system was adopted to improve traffic law compliance, reduce accidents and improve road safety.

Dreamers.

• Like 1

encouraging awareness for the general public to understand these regulations before they are fully enforced.

How does one 'encourage awareness'?  Thais are unaware of other people in the world and hold group conversations blocking escalator exits & blundering into others on foot never mind vehicles!

• Like 2

Offenses such as speeding, not wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle, or not wearing a seatbelt will result in a one-point reduction. Fleeing the scene of an accident will result in a three-point penalty, while drunk driving will deduct four points from the offender.

Crazy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Fleeing the scene of an accident will result in a three-point penalty, while drunk driving will deduct four points from the offender.

...while those offenses lead immediately to jail in most other countries. 

sad to see that this page has seriously become nothing more than a Thai / Thailand bashing site... It makes me wonder just how horrific conditions are back home for so many of these expats who still prefer to live here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eaglekott said:

How many points for driving without a Driving License?

Easy tattoo forehead with amounts of points left, change number every time person is caught. Never happen of course, but just in case, my forehead is so high it reaches my collar at the back.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

How does one 'encourage awareness'?  Thais are unaware of other people in the world and hold group conversations blocking escalator exits & blundering into others on foot never mind vehicles!

I refer to this as a lack of spatial awareness and it is something every Thai learns unconsciously when

growing through childhood. It surely counts as a major factor in road traffic accidents.

3 hours ago, asean said:

sad to see that this page has seriously become nothing more than a Thai / Thailand bashing site... It makes me wonder just how horrific conditions are back home for so many of these expats who still prefer to live here.

UK is pretty horrific

Thailand the better of two evils