Certificate of Residence Letter and Province

I need a Certificate of Residence Letter in order to sell a car registered in my name.  The car was registered in Bangkok and my 90 day reporting is in Bangkok CW.

However I have just retired to Sattahip in Chonburi Immigration, where I also have a property in my name, and also where the car will be sold to.

I am being told, the Cert of Residence Letter must come from the same place you do your 90day reporting.  I don't want to spend 5 hours queuing in Jomtien Immigration only to find out cannot be done.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by drbrit

Jomtien immigration probably wont give you a resident certificate for an address outside their area. You will need to officially move to the area, TM30, 90 day reports etc.

You need to (officially) move at some point if you want to use Jomtien immigration for your next extension.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP where have you been doing your 90 day report and what address do you have with immigration.

Bangkok? 

Hi DrJack.  I have been doing my 90d in BKK as until recently I have been working and living in BKK.

I (or my wife) has a BKK property but I also have properties (in my name) in Chonburi.

I am thinking maybe the least risk is to get letter from CW Imm.   

11 minutes ago, drbrit said:

I am thinking maybe the least risk is to get letter from CW Imm

I agree. 

A condition of obtaining a residence certificate at CW is that you have been doing your 90 day reports at CW.

You are probably aware that immigration post the residence certificate to your address on file and can take 2 weeks but more likely one. 

Cost 200baht. 

Think this is your best option. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I agree. 

A condition of obtaining a residence certificate at CW is that you have been doing your 90 day reports at CW.

You are probably aware that immigration post the residence certificate to your address on file and can take 2 weeks but more likely one. 

Cost 200baht. 

Think this is your best option. 

Thanks. I was not aware that the residence cert is posted to address.  I cannot pick up in person?  I have obtained from Jomtien in the past in person actually when buying a motorcycle,  But in this case I am kinda concerned because it is related to selling a car for a large sum of money and don't want it it fall apart

1 minute ago, drbrit said:

Thanks. I was not aware that the residence cert is posted to address.  I cannot pick up in person?  I have obtained from Jomtien in the past in person actually when buying a motorcycle,  But in this case I am kinda concerned because it is related to selling a car for a large sum of money and don't want it it fall apart

No you cannot pick it up from immigration. 

Wait for further advice.

Bottom line is what address does immigration currently have for you on file. 

Bit off topic to your question but I live in Bangkok and when I purchased my second hand car it had Nonthaburi plates and "my car guy" had them replaces with Bangkok plates (simple process) 

My understanding is that the purchaser organizers that. 

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No you cannot pick it up from immigration. 

Wait for further advice.

Bottom line is what address does immigration currently have for you on file. 

Bit off topic to your question but I live in Bangkok and when I purchased my second hand car it had Nonthaburi plates and "my car guy" had them replaces with Bangkok plates (simple process) 

My understanding is that the purchaser organizers that. 

Hi,

One more thing I hope you can advise.  In BKK I do not rent. No landlord.  I am married and my wife is property owner.  I was expecting to use Thabien Baan and my marriage certificate/registration as evidence of residence.  I have a Non-O for marriage in BKK and 90d in BKK.      I hope this works