Being put on hold then getting cut off repeatedly on Skype

watthong

I tried to call US embassy in Manila (re SSA benefits) via skype. After a lengthy intro, I was put on hold when dialed the correct extension into the SSA department, "all our operators are busy....," then a few seconds later, the line was cut off. That happened repeatedly in half a dozen attempts. Just wondering whether that's skype doing that, or the embassy end? Using skype on my desktop.

Edited by watthong

4 minutes ago, topt said:

I have used Skype on my desktop several times fairly recently (but to the UK) and not had that issue. I had the issue in the past when I was using a vpn to the UK at the same time....

I also have no issue calling SSA USA currently (aside from the fact that their robot won't transfer me to a live person, but that's another story...) However I could stay on hold forever once they let me wait, and no dropped calls so far with them.

15 minutes ago, watthong said:

I also have no issue calling SSA USA currently (aside from the fact that their robot won't transfer me to a live person, but that's another story...) However I could stay on hold forever once they let me wait, and no dropped calls so far with them.

Sounds like the Philippines end then.....

Or possibly internet connection issues with there

• Like 1