Motorcyclist, 15, dies after "chatting on the phone while riding home" - police examine texts

webfact

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... its quite an 'uphill task’.... But it is one which no one seems to be prepared to take responsibly for.

Thai Authorities are so juvenile in their approach to such matters...  Those in positions of decision making power are repeatedly making announcements as if the mere mention on their name will have an impact on how the masses behave....  The utter hubris is not only comical it highlights an underlying degree of utter stupidity.

... There are simple measures that can be taken, no one in those positions of power are interested to take the steps to make things safer. There exists either a genuine lack of understanding or as mentioned above, the arrogance and hubris makes them believe all they need to do is make an announcement and the rest will fall into place... it clearly doesn’t... so lets have a ‘crack-down’ and announce another ‘hub of something or other’ to peddle the idea that something is being done.  

Thai authorities live for the moment that their name is in print or a photo opportunity arises.

What they say is usually unimportant to them or anyone else.????????

• Like 1

Maybe this young man didn’t exactly do the right thing.  But at his age.  Sometimes they don’t do the right things.  No matter what country.  No matter how good the parents are .  
At least he had a job.   Being a welder at his age trying to make some money. That’s more than some people his age would do. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... quite the opposite - Pure Darwinism....

And once again you can´t read sarcasm. Sorry, forgot to put up the sign, for You!

11 hours ago, JoePai said:

Err not now

Yes, exactly NOW!

17 hours ago, DaLa said:

I had employment in both the steel industry and the construction industry so I always applied the greatest respect to safety. That was 50 years ago; now when consumers are instructed in the accompanying literature of a microwave oven , not to stick their head in it I despair.

Common sense amongst other traits would save a lot of lives rather than a nanny state.  I was once fined in the UK for dropping a passenger off at a bus stop.  I was fined because stopping at a bus stop for an 'unauthorised' vehicle was deemed amongst other things to be a Health and Safety issue.

this is off topic but Sky Rojo has scene where a crim microwaves a guy's head

• Thumbs Up 1

no points to deduct as he was not allowed to drive a motorcycle already.. Why don't parents in Thailand don't care about their children in general... And of course again the lack of law enforcement by the police...... 1 year a lot of work to fine and check everybody and everything and things will improve a lot.. But ........ Martin Luther King said already... I have a dream

4 hours ago, d4dang said:

this is off topic but Sky Rojo has scene where a crim microwaves a guy's head

I can't find anywhere in the safety instructions of my microwave oven where it says you should not place 'someone else's' head in the oven. So that's another page of instructions in the next release.

Seriously though, the topic is about safety for which I am wholly in favour of. However those in authority have to look at how successful their attempts at making our lives safer are. The UK banned the sale of knives to under 18 year olds and it never occurred to them that under 18's had access to the household knives , or that only under 18's were committing knife crime.

Thank you for your reply , but I'll give the film  a miss if that's ok.  I'm more of a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs viewer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... quite the opposite - Pure Darwinism....

And once again you can´t read sarcasm. Sorry, forgot to put up the sign, for You!

:clap2::clap2::cheesy::cheesy: :passifier: :passifier:     Back-pedal much ????

... always amusing to see adults pathetically trying to mask their loss of face instead of saying... 'yeah, got that one back to front !!!'...

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Another contribution to the gene pool

36 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I can't find anywhere in the safety instructions of my microwave oven where it says you should not place 'someone else's' head in the oven. So that's another page of instructions in the next release.

Seriously though, the topic is about safety for which I am wholly in favour of. However those in authority have to look at how successful their attempts at making our lives safer are. The UK banned the sale of knives to under 18 year olds and it never occurred to them that under 18's had access to the household knives , or that only under 18's were committing knife crime.

Thank you for your reply , but I'll give the film  a miss if that's ok.  I'm more of a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs viewer.

I think the film was Third house on the left , Could have been right , Dr. injects stuff in the chap and then when said chap is helpless shoves his head in the microwave . Not a pretty sight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

:clap2::clap2::cheesy::cheesy: :passifier: :passifier:     Back-pedal much ????

... always amusing to see adults pathetically trying to mask their loss of face instead of saying... 'yeah, got that one back to front !!!'...

As I always say, Richard. I can explain it to you, but I can not make you understand. That´s totally your job.

Then, if you do not wish to understand, and assume instead. Yeah, that´s your problem and nothing I will be bothered over.

44 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

As I always say, Richard. I can explain it to you, but I can not make you understand. That´s totally your job.

Always say?...  when have you ever said / written this before on this forum?

Now, Gottfrid... are you trying to be cute and doing a very poor job of copying a famous saying and passing it off as your own?

BTW: the saying is ‘I can explain it to you, but can’t understand it for you’ !!! 

44 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Then, if you do not wish to understand, and assume instead. Yeah, that´s your problem and nothing I will be bothered over.

ah.. the juvenile mind is back pedalling still...    quite amusing.. :giggle:

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Always say?...  when have you ever said / written this before on this forum?

Now, Gottfrid... are you trying to be cute and doing a very poor job of copying a famous saying and passing it off as your own?

BTW: the saying is ‘I can explain it to you, but can’t understand it for you’ !!! 

ah.. the juvenile mind is back pedalling still...    quite amusing.. :giggle:

What is your problem, Richard? But, ok! If you want to get into details. I said always say. in this forum I write. so, if you do not find it it means that I am writing my posts and not saying them to you.

Not trying to pass anything off as my own, and I do not care if I was correct with the saying or not. The important thing was that you understood it. I assume you did, judging out of your reply.

And, as a repetition, you are doing the same again. Here it is. Initially, you did not understand the tone and meaning of my post. When you don´t do that, I try to explain it to you. After that, you still think you are right, and I meant something else or wrote wrong. I just see it as it´s not possible to explain something to a person that already live in the belief he always knows what people mean or do.

However, I am happy that you are amused. People who are wrong, usually take that way out as an explanation..

Way back when in HuaHin a young girl was crossing the railway line on her motorcycle going down Soi 102 at night, whilst on her mobile to her mum who lived 209 metres away. 

Didn’t look right and a train going south took her out. Sad part was her mother heard her screams as the train rode over her.  

A year later at the same crossing, a father and daughter in their new pickup crossed early morning chatting to each other and a train took them both out. 
It seems that some people get so wrapped up in their world they fail to pay attention to what’s going on around them. 

Edited by Dazkkk