Marriage Extension - How Early Can You Apply?

That dreaded time of year is nearly upon me. My current extension (based on marriage) expires on 19 March.

What's the earliest date that I can apply for another extension?

I have just realized that a trip to Japan is looking precarious unless I can extend at least 30 days before my current extension expires.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

It depends on your IO, some allow only 30 and other ones 45 days

but don’t forget the under consideration period (which afaik (but could be wrong)) starts from the date your extension ends. (We applied early one time and had to wait 45 days on the under consideration period, that is why I changed to retirement (hated that under consideration period))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

It depends on your IO, some allow only 30 and other ones 45 days

but don’t forget the under consideration period (which afaik (but could be wrong)) starts from the date your extension ends. (We applied early one time and had to wait 45 days on the under consideration period, that is why I changed to retirement (hated that under consideration period))

That is exactly the information that I need. (But hoped wasn't the case). The trip is for 10 days about 1 week after my current extension expires. I don't think you can get a re-entry stamp while 'under consideration', can you? If not, I'm boned.

5 minutes ago, dairy queen said:

That is exactly the information that I need. (But hoped wasn't the case). The trip is for 10 days about 1 week after my current extension expires. I don't think you can get a re-entry stamp while 'under consideration', can you? If not, I'm boned.

AFAIK you can get a re—entry permit for that.

but @ubonjoe will know the ins and outs, we always stayed put and even didn’t leave the province. Friends on the same extension got summoned in their under consideration period, but the paperwork they submitted was completely in order. 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1