Passport renewal

Chainsaw

5 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

Oops! British

Weeell, there is no easy way as you must go to Bangkok to sort it via an appointment.

I used Key Visa Services to renew mine, all done by post, very easy..

Be warned that UK PP renewal is taking around 15 weeks.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, nikmar said:

https://www.ajarn.com/blogs/bangkok-phil/renewing-a-uk-passport-in-bangkok

all info you need to do yourself is here. i renewed mine and got my son's first British passport before new year. no need for an agent , it's all quite straightforward.

apologies, i didnt see that you lived in Phuket. if you can get up to bangers for the day, its really quite a simple process. the people in the office do a good job as well. 

51 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeell, there is no easy way as you must go to Bangkok to sort it via an appointment.

I used Key Visa Services to renew mine, all done by post, very easy..

Be warned that UK PP renewal is taking around 15 weeks.....

Much shorter now. Stories of 4 weeks and 2 weeks!????

1 minute ago, nikmar said:

last month - my sons first passport took about the same as well. applied about the same time.

VHS BKK emailed me to say my papers had been sent to the UK, that was 6 days after the agent received them, from then on it took 15 weeks, new PP dated 29 September, so I don't know how you did it in 4 weeks.

13 hours ago, transam said:

VHS BKK emailed me to say my papers had been sent to the UK, that was 6 days after the agent received them, from then on it took 15 weeks, new PP dated 29 September, so I don't know how you did it in 4 weeks.

cant answer that. i was told at VHS office thatit could take between 13 - 16 wks. But I got the email t come pick up the new passport after 4.  Maybe im blessed or something :))

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:27 AM, nikmar said:

cant answer that. i was told at VHS office thatit could take between 13 - 16 wks. But I got the email t come pick up the new passport after 4.  Maybe im blessed or something :))

4 Weeks.... Thats good info. Obviously I’m not counting on the 4 weeks and will still leave plenty of time.. but it helps me decide if I’m going to renew my Sons Passport in April, or if I wait until we visit the UK in the Summer and book the fast track option (His PP expires in Sept).

The only thing which concerns me is that once we submit an application we are not supposed to travel on our passports.... Which, if we are overseas and ‘something comes up’ and we need to travel we could be stuck. That said, the corner of the Passport is not cut until we receive the new one, so theoretically its perfectly possible to travel while an application is in place (although we are not supposed to) - I’m not sure if thats an actual law or just a recommendation / guidance from the FCO. 

1 hour ago, Chainsaw said:

After reading the many replies I'm reluctantly thinking that an agent might be the way to go. Any recommendations for agents in Phuket?

After reading replies saying got UK PP in 4 weeks etc, I emailed Key Visa about waiting times, the reply was, allow 3 months at this time, don't listen to people on forums....:goof:

I and many of us have used Key Visa (Pattaya) with no problems....

10 minutes ago, transam said:

After reading replies saying got UK PP in 4 weeks etc, I emailed Key Visa about waiting times, the reply was, allow 3 months at this time, don't listen to people on forums....:goof:

I and many of us have used Key Visa (Pattaya) with no problems....

Any recommendations for agents in Phuket?