HMRC trials answer by text system to cut call queues

OJAS

The days of hanging on for ages at considerable expense while being "serenaded" with irritating muzak when calling HMRC may be behind us until early April at least??

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64322140

If this trial is successful and adopted permanently, I hope that it also gets extended to other UK government organisations - in particular HMPO and DWP/IPC in our case.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OJAS said:

The days of hanging on for ages at considerable expense while being "serenaded" with irritating muzak when calling HMRC may be behind us until early April at least

Not expensive at all. Download a VOIP APP like VYKE. Top it up with 2 or 3 dollars (they charge in $$$) and you will get 100's of minutes. Its very simple to use and the signal is excellent.

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Not expensive at all. Download a VOIP APP like VYKE. Top it up with 2 or 3 dollars (they charge in $$$) and you will get 100's of minutes. Its very simple to use and the signal is excellent.

It's the "hanging on for ages" aspect that gets me more than the expense involved, I have to say!

Edited by OJAS

21 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Which department of Thai government is HMRC?

I wouldn't have started this thread in the UK Home Country forum had I been talking about a part of the Thai government, would I?