cannabis and the brain

stoner

If you're 'lucky' you maybe won't get an addled brain,if you're 'unlucky' it's too late when you're diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia or similar,we only have one brain,it doesn't rejuvenate itself so why 'fix' it if it ain't broken!

On 1/21/2023 at 3:11 PM, cmjl said:

If you're 'lucky' you maybe won't get an addled brain,if you're 'unlucky' it's too late when you're diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia or similar,we only have one brain,it doesn't rejuvenate itself so why 'fix' it if it ain't broken!

Most of us on this forum are 60+, we no longer need to worry about our brains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, stoner said:

i have never advocated that cannabis is harmless. anything in life can be harmful right ? however the pros vs cons of cannabis are quite clear now and the harm is very small compared to the overall benefit many users get. 

For some more than others there is great benefits, but for most there is no benefits at all except a break from the daily life.

For others it can be harmful who is vulnerable and looking for something that can fix their problems, and it doesn't. 

It is not really fixing anything, it just temporary mask up the problems a person have.

So far I know, no proof yet it cures anything

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

It is not really fixing anything, it just temporary mask up the problems a person have.

you may want to do a little more reading on the subject then. no one is saying cannabis is a cure all but there are clear cut cases where it did cure disease. ignoring this is simple ignorance. 

personally i know of a few people here in thailand who had huge changes in their life after starting a medical and controlled dose of properly made cannabis oil. a couple even had improvements and saw remission from a tumor or cancer. 

the effects cannabis has on glaucoma suffers is yet another example of the well documented benefit. 

but hey.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, stoner said:

you may want to do a little more reading on the subject then. no one is saying cannabis is a cure all but there are clear cut cases where it did cure disease. ignoring this is simple ignorance. 

personally i know of a few people here in thailand who had huge changes in their life after starting a medical and controlled dose of properly made cannabis oil. a couple even had improvements and saw remission from a tumor or cancer. 

the effects cannabis has on glaucoma suffers is yet another example of the well documented benefit. 

but hey.

There is a difference between positive observed qualities, and proved effect. Can we agree on that one, as well the psychological effect. 

Im a big fan of placebo (do not say cannabis is only placebo) and have read quite alot about the psychological effect that gives as well. 

Im positive it helps people, but still it also harm people who had a hope it would help them to, but it doesnt. Create false hope is as bad as claim it doesnt help at all.

Very often vulnerable people who desperate search for solutions in hope it can help them, and should be aware everyone with same symptoms, it might be it is not for them, and can actually worsening their symptoms for an instance anxiety.

As always an two sided sword, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

the overarching point to any discussion about this issue is simply. the overall negative effects both physical and societal are dramatically greater from alcohol. So once you have banned that come back and have a talk with us potheads.  Any pretense of concern over the health  of the general populace is disingenuous if you don't start with alcohol. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

For some more than others there is great benefits, but for most there is no benefits at all except a break from the daily life.

For others it can be harmful who is vulnerable and looking for something that can fix their problems, and it doesn't. 

I'm plenty old enough to make my own informed decisions. I really don't enjoy the anti-weed evangelists dropping by to get attention they can't get at home. Another great use for the ignore user button ????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

I'm plenty old enough to make my own informed decisions. I really don't enjoy the anti-weed evangelists dropping by to get attention they can't get at home. Another great use for the ignore user button ????

Well done and a mature decision sir. What do you believe I should do with that kind of information? Stop posting? Would that satisfie you? My experience when people say they are old enough is one thing, but are they smart enough to do anything with the available information and absorb it? 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Im positive it helps people, but still it also harm people who had a hope it would help them to, but it doesnt. Create false hope is as bad as claim it doesnt help at all.

Very often vulnerable people who desperate search for solutions in hope it can help them, and should be aware everyone with same symptoms, it might be it is not for them, and can actually worsening their symptoms for an instance anxiety.

yes :)

this is why i will continue to try and help spread knowledge about cannabis and all of the things associated with it. be it good or bad. 

education is key. 

• Thumbs Up 1